Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, irishguym, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441951 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#367670 - 08/08/11 03:16 AM two more vids.
kinghenri Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona

Plagued by constant misery,
Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

#367750 - 08/09/11 01:24 AM Re: two more vids. [Re: kinghenri]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
henri,

i felt your pain. i too have been plagued by SSA my whole life; until, i got help from a competent and great therapist, read a lot of books on csa, and gotten words of encouragement from the posts here at MS.

but, also, i came to the realization that my thoughts dont have to rule my life. now, i can listen to the SSA thoughts and then acknowledge them as a part of my imprinting, but then i know that i dont have to act out on them.

i have never acted on them in the past and i dont have to act out on them because i dont think they would be a healthy thing for me. i am a heterosexual man with SSA, and i have come to grips with that. so, it no longer messes with my mind. although there are times when i get down that it bothers me, but not at all to the degree that it did in the past.

you have to do what works for you. but, you come across as a manly man and i would never have known that you are bothered by this if you hadnt shared it.

thank you once again for having the courage to share your story in this area. i am sure that others will benefit from your thoughts and experiences.

take care bro and continue fighting the good fight.

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#367761 - 08/09/11 06:00 AM Re: two more vids. [Re: pbert53]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
Henri...

Wow...you have voiced my number one issue...that I feel inadequate around other men...I really don't know what to say...I have always felt this way, even before the rapes...lots for me to think about and work on..

Thanks man, good work smile

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.