Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (Scott1962, journey4two, Going forward, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443262 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#367615 - 08/07/11 01:05 PM why is therapy making it worst?
robertpattinson Offline

I didn't tell about any of the abuse until I was 18. I still have issues with accepting it relationships with them low self esteem etc. And I wanted to talk through it. But it seems it's givien me dreams and nightmares of them and not just them others like my grandpa or cousin. I didn't even remember that she had done anything to me. She has actually been a person I stayed close to. And she's always been a friend an ally. Now to find out she also did it's even harder to deal with. I feel like talking about just adds wounds I didn't even know I had.

#367620 - 08/07/11 03:08 PM Re: why is therapy making it worst? [Re: robertpattinson]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hey Robert
Sory about the hurt.
One thing I have tried to accept is, when it hurts I'm healing. If I'm not hurting I,m not healing.
It is the nature of the beast, that as we talk about and delve into the csa, we awaken memories that we have to deal with.
Our minds will not give us more than we are able to handle at any one time.

Heal well Brother and you are in our thoughts

Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.