Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (woodenshoes, bluesky, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#367402 - 08/04/11 12:30 PM Re: video 2 probably triggering. [Re: thefutureorbust]
kinghenri Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona
Ive been considering it. It kind of scares me lol.

Plagued by constant misery,
Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

#367404 - 08/04/11 12:53 PM Re: video 2 probably triggering. [Re: kinghenri]
thefutureorbust Offline

Loc: NC
It will help from what I've heard. Supposed to clear up the truama fast

#367405 - 08/04/11 01:25 PM Re: video 2 probably triggering. [Re: thefutureorbust]
kinghenri Offline

I have. It kind of scares me. Have you done it? Does it help?

Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

#367406 - 08/04/11 01:29 PM Re: video 2 probably triggering. [Re: kinghenri]
thefutureorbust Offline

Yes from what I hear is if your trauma is at a level 10 it can bring it to a 4 or 5

#367557 - 08/06/11 01:22 PM Re: A Male Survivor of CSA 2 (triggers) [Re: kinghenri]
Sailboat92 Offline

Loc: Ct
What an incredible video, my heart, my hand goes out to you in friendship, and kinship I suppose, right?:)
I found your thoughts almost too "me" to watch, but I did, and I'm glad I did. It's such brave work, and hard work.
I too remember the " beautiful" girl, that I wanted to kiss so bad, to feel her mouth, and all else, and that was quickly replaced with shame and feelings of " who the fuck do you think you are, this girl knows your gay, so back off asshole"
I've since married, fathering two beautiful boys, my wife is aware of abuse, and has indications of acting out behavior- and so I watch your video and I am blown away by your truthfulness, and in the moment feelings. I think, that's the guy I want to be, and i mean that in the sense of integrity and what i saw as your absolute authentic self discussing your past and it's effects today. It was so hopeful, although I acknowledge it might not feel that way for you- I'm dying for that hope. To be the man you are so very clearly.

The way you looked and rubbed your neck when you were referring to the girl you saw was to me so natural and obvious that you were really excited about the possibilities, your eyes literally changed for that brief period. I see hope and a path forward for you that is going to be awesome beyond imagination. And the beautiful girl will be wondering, how did I get such an incredible man to be my partner. I just know this to be your very bright and indeed happy way forward. Thank you for sharing.

#367562 - 08/06/11 01:45 PM Re: A Male Survivor of CSA 2 (triggers) [Re: Sailboat92]
kinghenri Offline

Thank you so much sailboat. It's almost scary to recieve praise but it warms my heart. I will continue to do this.
Love and peace brother. Take it easy
Henri

Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

#367566 - 08/06/11 01:59 PM Re: A Male Survivor of CSA 2 (triggers) [Re: kinghenri]
Sailboat92 Offline

Loc: Ct
Another arrow straight through all and everything I feel,
And struggle daily to move beyond. Your words and video's are beautiful man, they are helping me more than I think I may realize, and the guys who are masculine and your uncomfortable around, god truer words to me have never been spoken.. My one good therapist said to me a long time ago, that in my acting out, I was attempting to reconcile what I saw as "manly" in my indiscretions, and through these, hope that it would somehow lightening bolt into me, so that I became like them, a man..how fucked up! Fucking them would create in me what I saw in them and wanted desperately to be,
Comfortable as a man, masculine, strong, handsome and in control, all that shit that says your a man..what did I get, more fucking confusion, shame and self hate- plan didn't work.thanks Henri

Edited by Sailboat92 (08/06/11 02:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Word wrong

#367567 - 08/06/11 02:31 PM Re: A Male Survivor of CSA 2 (triggers) [Re: Sailboat92]
kinghenri Offline

Jeez man that sounds really painful. I guess I kind of have a similar sort of thing. My most pervasive fantasy is of my Ex getting screwed in front of me. "see Henri, this is how a real man does it".
Everything frim the abuse is there. Shame, betrayal, self-loathing, and fear.
All this is very arousing for all the wrong reasons. Now that being said, it's going to take a lot of work to reclaim sexuality.
Sorry if I'm rambling (emotional fallout)
Henri

Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

#367568 - 08/06/11 06:14 PM Re: A Male Survivor of CSA 2 (triggers) [Re: kinghenri]
thefutureorbust Offline

Henri, remember bro, whenever you want to reach out email me! Btw did your other arm catch up? lol

#367570 - 08/06/11 07:07 PM Re: A Male Survivor of CSA 2 (triggers) [Re: thefutureorbust]
lmjanes Offline

Loc: Southwest
Henry,

What Freshwond is saying about EMDR is true. Odd enough, I live in the same town as you do and I know a person who had it done and said it helped her greatly. If you are interested in the name of the therapist, I can give it to you through PM.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.