Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (manipulated, Obi), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444544 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#367308 - 08/03/11 02:36 PM A Male Survivor of CSA (triggers)
kinghenri Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona

Edited by kinghenri (08/04/11 02:30 PM)
Edit Reason: title change
Plagued by constant misery,
Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

#367310 - 08/03/11 03:10 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: kinghenri]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
Nice to meet you, Henri, despite the rotten circumstances. Always glad to see someone taking that step and making these issues more real to the world.

#367311 - 08/03/11 03:14 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: well-intended]
kinghenri Offline

Thanks man. It really helped to watch the video and see my true self and the reality of the abuse.

Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

#367314 - 08/03/11 04:26 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: kinghenri]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Henri,

I truly applaud your courage and determination to let everyone know the pain and suffering caused by the csa.

i look forward to seeing the sequels and learning from them. i look forward to getting to know you better through them, as well.

i am glad that you have chosen to move forward in your recovery at such a youthful age. i wish i would have been able to do that.

you are a great example to all of us.

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#367319 - 08/03/11 05:26 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: pbert53]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
that took a lot of guts man. It is nice to meet you. I hope you are moving forward in your recovery. It's a struggle sometimes but we've been through worst. Like Paul said, it is amazing that you started your recovery in your 20's , i hope other guys watch your video and learn a few things.
Good luck bro,

Anthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#367323 - 08/03/11 06:29 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: Anthony39]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Henri,

I'm amazed and in awe that you would share yourself with us in such a personal way and Paul and Anthony are right, it's remarkable that you've begun your recovery so young.

Be of good courage as you produce your videos and take your time. Reveal more when it's appropriate.

Rusty

Edited by Rusty563 (08/03/11 06:33 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#367327 - 08/03/11 06:58 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: Rusty563]
kinghenri Offline

Wow! Thanks. Guys
Your support means so much.
I never thought Id hear such awesome comments

Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

#367335 - 08/03/11 08:02 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: kinghenri]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
kh,

welcome and great introduction.

you will definitely get a lot of support here. keep on talking. keep on sharing. you're going to make it!

my story

my vlog

#367340 - 08/03/11 08:55 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: Obi]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Wow.

Congrats on making the video bro. It had to have taken a lot of courage to sit down in front of that camera and pour out your soul like that. I made a video of myself a few years back detailing my abuse and the after effects. I never intended to put it on Youtube or anything, just for my own personal viewing. It was extremely uncomfortable sitting there in front of that camera talking to myself and in the end I was so disgusted that I couldn't bear to look at myself on the computer screen. I ended up deleting it. Maybe someday down the road I'll have enough courage to not only make a new one but be able to be open and honest about it like you have been. Thanks and good luck on your recovery. I hope it helps.

Terrick

#367342 - 08/03/11 09:11 PM Re: My first video (may be triggering) [Re: kinghenri]
tommyb Offline

Loc: American South
"how painful it was"

Haunting. The voice over these speakers reminded me of the interviews on This American Life.

Good job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.