Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#366890 - 07/29/11 08:16 AM Welcome
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
I just want to say welcome to all my brothers who were assaulted in the militar, like I was...

Hope we all can find healing here...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#366960 - 07/30/11 12:19 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Darkheart]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sacramento
Thanx to all Service Members and Veterans who are on this site. Never enough thanks has been given to those who have sacrafied and served.
Right from the gate; the VA provides free of charge, medical, mental health coverage for Service Members and Veterab who have an Honorable Discharge. You need a DD214; if you do not have a DD214, I will post a web site that you can go on to obtain one. If you have access to a FAX machine you will receive your document quicker. When you have registered with the VA Hospital you will be assigned to a Primary Care Dr. who will refer you to Mental Health if needed. There you will be given servicess with a Sociologist or Psychiatrist for either goup counseling or on on one. They will assist you with sexual issues, self medicating because you did not know how to sure yourself from sexual abuse and your mind is in a state of confusion with being a male who was used my another male. If by chance they assess you as disabled from your active duty service or agrevated, you can receive VA Compensation. I suggest going to your American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foriegn Wars, AMVETS (American Veterans) or The Brotherhood of the Purple Heart. They will represent you as 'Power of Attorney' at no charge against the VA. You feel you have a Service Connected Disability, File a claim ASAP with one of the Veterans Organization of you choice. Claims take awhile, and when they find you eligible they will pay all the way back from the original date you filed for Disability. Some back pays are substantial. I am not a VA Employee or an expert. I have gone through and helped Veterans get there lives back, so I can place them in an occupation that will suit them for the rest of their lives. At this time my focus is Homeless Veterans, making them more desirable for employment; eliminate their barriers to employment. If you need the address and phone number of a VA Hospital, Clinic, or Vet Center in your area; post on this thread and I will give you the information. If there are Veterans out there who have less than Honorable Discharges, I can provide some information on getting a Discharge Upgrade through the Discharge Review Board.
I do not do adjudications or Determinations; I only know about the process. I promise to assist or refer you to the proper Organization as I can. Remeber all services from the VA are at no charge. If I do not have the information or knowledge, I will find our for you. We're all Brothers and we got to succeed.
Don

'Dirty 'lil Boy','cause I allowed him to bang on me anywhere, anytime."Bend over you Dirty Boy;we know you can take it!"

#366961 - 07/30/11 12:23 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Lo Don]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Darkheart,
Have you filed a claim for your assult? Were there any documentation?
I will listen, perhaps refer for compensation and or therapy.
I solute you, hold your head up high,
Don

'Dirty 'lil Boy','cause I allowed him to bang on me anywhere, anytime."Bend over you Dirty Boy;we know you can take it!"

#366976 - 07/30/11 04:19 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Lo Don]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
I haven't filed a claim, nor have I filed to have my discharge upgraded...I have all my records...no documentation...none...

Just my word vs. theirs...

It's all good though...I've reached the plateau in my healing...I can feel the sun and the breeze...

My healing is geared towards helping my brothers smile Helping them makes my sacrifice worthwhile....

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#366990 - 07/30/11 11:57 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Darkheart]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

What happened? If it is not too painful for you to say. What type of discharge did you receive? I did Discharge Upgrades as Counsel. I now can only advise, no longer represent or make a determination.
You may also be eligible for Compensation, file with a Veterans Claims Representative, usally at the VA Hospital. They are AMVETS, American Legion, DAV, VFW,Purple Hearts. You do not have to belong, no charge at all. I find these guys to be great and protective of those of us who were done wrong. You were truly violated; no matter who or what you are, that is not exceptable for them to assault you!!! No excuses!!!!!
Now, you can help your Brothers by telling your story; filing a claim against the VA, when you win your compensation, we all here will have hope that there is justice.
I will be in your corner and you will win this fight.
Don

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.