Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
7 registered (pattom, Rich1967, 4 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63779 Topics
445391 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#364729 - 06/22/11 12:58 AM Movie: Buck
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
New movie. I haven't seen it but I understand it's about the life of Buck Brannaman, the model for Horse Whisperer.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/bi...aman-speaks-up/

"Buck Brannaman is more at home in a horse corral than in a poolside cabana at a trendy hotel in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. But the incongruous setting doesn’t bother him. At least not when he talks about Buck, the uplifting documentary that opens here on June 24."

"The film traces his life from his horrendous childhood (his father was a violent alcoholic who beat him) to his career as a revered horse trainer. Brannaman was a role model for the novel and movie The Horse Whisperer. And Robert Redford, who worked with him on the set, considers him “the real deal."

I haven't seen it but I intend to. It sounds like something I will be very interested in. I really enjoyed the Horse Whisperer. I think about that movie a lot. Apparently Buck will be something that helps me understand why I like Horse Whisperer.

Allen

#366576 - 07/25/11 11:27 PM Re: Movie: Buck [Re: pufferfish]
NatureDrum Offline
New Here

Hi, Allen,
I saw "Buck" and thought it was great. It showed me that a healthy life is possible after a childhood of abuse. And Buck's understanding of human/animal psyche is amazing.

NatureDrum

My Story

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.