Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (JW1230, I Want 2 Thrive, gettingstronger, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63838 Topics
445782 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#366270 - 07/20/11 08:58 AM My Home TownPreist Busted
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
1971: Father Walsh: Installed into Danvers, MA Church.

From the AP: DANVERS A former priest at St. Mary of the Annunciation Church in Danvers has voluntarily been removed from the clerical state, the Archdiocese of Boston announced yesterday.

This was my parish from birth-on. My good friend Lenny was abused in that church and he often mentioned Fr. Walsh as aggressively boy-chasing. Lenny died last year and never resolved ANY issues surrounding his abuse. Lenny was thus beaten by his father for the balance of his life (LIFE...not just childhood). His father even punched Lenny right where his rapidly disappearing colon cancer was. That activated new blood-flow to the cancer and it was no longer rapidly disappearing. Rather, it killed him within a month.

Why did the KIDS of every town around Boston know about rampant abuse by the priests, openly talk about it within the kid-networks and yet the adults "never knew?"

Lenny died without ever having found any peace from the trauma of childhood. I had to stand in that church and eulogize my friend where he had been abused.

In his last two years of life, Lenny and I were able to talk openly about each other's childhoods. Talking to him was more comforting than talking to any therapist or fellow survivor, because we had been such good friends from age 15-on.

Got off the topic...The Boston Achdioces moved Walsh from town to town on a boy-tour until someone with some juice finally complained.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#366285 - 07/20/11 01:11 PM Re: My Home TownPreist Busted [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Video Added:

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#366287 - 07/20/11 02:25 PM Re: My Home TownPreist Busted [Re: Still]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Not minimizing from ((Lenny)) and you ((Robbie))...I suspect you will see more ousting of priests as the bishops and such get on the hook criminally for not doing anything and even helping them move around. The case(s) in Philadelphia will add some precident hopefully, and then we might actually see some change...as reported the church has paid out tons of money, and change is not easily coming, but you put a couple of bishops on trial or in the clink, not for the abuse, but the coverup and moving around, things will start to change...to late though for many, they are in our thoughts and I hope they find or rest in peace.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#366288 - 07/20/11 02:48 PM Re: My Home TownPreist Busted [Re: Castle]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Robbie
I wonder, How many guys on this site are Catholics? Strange but I see a large number of the guys I meet at AA are also Catholics, or were. Strange don't ya think!!!!

Heal well Guys
Martin

#366293 - 07/20/11 05:44 PM Re: My Home TownPreist Busted [Re: whome]
Kaene Offline

Loc: Ausin, TX
Quote:
I wonder, How many guys on this site are Catholics?

*raises hand*

*rases other hand for the brother that should be here on MS*

Sometimes I wonder how my mother can still attend a catholic church. She knows what happened to my brother. Especially with all of the information being aired in the media about how pervasive this culture of abuse is within the church, and how catholic leadership is not only negligent, but complicit in most cases! It took 10 years after my brother for the priest to get finally 'caught'. The church apparantly knew that he was being innaproprate with kids, so they moved him to another parish on the opposite coast. And then put him in charge of the youth groups. It makes me want to vomit.

A couple of years ago my mom told me how sad she was that my brothers and I don't go to mass anymore. On the outside I was stone, on the inside I flipped.

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend Robbie, I can't even begin to express the grief I feel anytime I see a story like this in the news.

EDIT:

As I try and put the fractured pieces of my memory back together, I'm trying to paint a complete picture for myself, and I'm trying to find the name and picture of the priest that hurt my brother. I know that I knew him well (being an altar boy and all) and I used to know his name but have forgotten. I could just ask my brother or mother, but that would be the beginning of a pair of conversations that I'm not sure I'm ready to have. I found http://www.bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp but I'm unable to find him, does anyone know of any other resources out there that might help me track him down? I know they moved him a few times so I can't just do a search by diocese.

Edited by Kaene (07/20/11 06:03 PM)

#366319 - 07/21/11 12:35 AM Re: My Home TownPreist Busted [Re: Kaene]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Kaene
[quote]I found http://www.bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp but I'm unable to find him, does anyone know of any other resources out there that might help me track him down? I know they moved him a few times so I can't just do a search by diocese.

The BEST databases are in the hands of the courts and lawyers. They are Thomson WEST and Lexis-Nexis. As a member of the public you may not use them even on a pay-per-search basis UNLESS you have a bar-card in any US State. If you have a friend whom is a lawyer, he/she may have limited access to these legal research databases. They can do a pay-per-search in the "Public Records and People-Finder in either of these databases even if they don't have a full sub>

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.