Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
9 registered (AlexT, gettingstronger, BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441801 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#366183 - 07/18/11 08:22 PM Hard Time
dover2011 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AR
I started my recovery, about six month ago, at that time my wife of three years, She know some of my story, about my sexual abuse. I had to tell her back when we first started dating. She broke me down till I told her. She also know about the fact I had sex with man in my 20's. I also lied to her about a lot of thing from my past. Now that I started my recovery it been harder, on our marrige, I have anger issues from her overing steping my personal space, boundies, checking up on me, I know she had issues with trust and insecityes issues. Do not know where to turn for hel[p or how to find that happyness. I hate myself anf do not love myself, have no respected for myself.

Help from anyone who have gone through recovery

#366186 - 07/18/11 09:14 PM Re: Hard Time [Re: dover2011]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
dover,

Recovery gets better and it gets worse as we dig into things long ignored or that we carried with us. I hope you have a therapist to help you sort through the muck and mud of it all. It might be good for your wife to see someone as well as she seems to be struggling with some things as well. Relationships shift as we go further into recovery and those around us often struggle to adjust. But your recovery has to be a priority for you because you are that important. I hope you can see that you are that important.

Self hatred is common among survivors as we blame ourselves for so much that is not our fault. No one asked to be abused or assaulted at any age. What is done to survivors makes them feel like they are responsible but none are. We are only responsible for our own recovery and not for the actions of others that brought us to the need for recovery.

Don't let the hard days cause you to pull out of your recovery.

I would encourage you to talk more on this site and share about what you are going through and dealing with right now. There are many wise and caring men on this site.

Daryl

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.