Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12386 Members
74 Forums
63655 Topics
444550 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#366311 - 07/20/11 10:47 PM Re: A Man? [Re: Still]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
mad

I especially like when my wife calls me a fag, or tells me to "be a man." Can you spell "insensitive?"

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#366317 - 07/20/11 11:43 PM Re: A Man? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Not Dallas TX
Originally Posted By: Fissy Tsickens
mad

I especially like when my wife calls me a fag, or tells me to "be a man." Can you spell "insensitive?"

Holy shit John! I hope you do realize I know of exactly what you speak, so it drives a nail right through my heart.

But dang! I have to say:
WTF!?!?!

I am SO sorry to hear this coming from your house dude...I don't know where to begin my rage-dump. This world just ain't right.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#366321 - 07/21/11 01:06 AM Re: A Man? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Incognito Offline

Originally Posted By: Fissy Tsickens
mad

I am sorry to hear this. Hearing things like that, especially from a 'loved one' can be paralyzing. No one should be talked to like that.

#366329 - 07/21/11 08:29 AM Re: A Man? [Re: Incognito]
thefutureorbust Offline

Loc: NC
I've had sexual dysfunction when I was in my 20's I was confused and told my mother. Her response? " omg your too young for that are you sure your not gay"???

#366509 - 07/24/11 06:58 PM Re: A Man? [Re: Still]
BDD Offline

Loc: PA, USA
Robbie,
You are not alone. For years I couldn't think of myself as anything other then just male. A title with a social expectation such as"boy" or"man" was to hard. I finally permitted myself to think of myself as a "guy".
I was horrified when I was young and grew body hair. I wore long sleeves and jeans because it felt like my body was exerting itself into a territory it didn't belong. I felt like it was asking for trouble.
I've been working against it for years. And I have come along way. Though I've been going to a gym for years, the free weights were the territory of "real men". A couple of months ago I made a commitment to learn them and enter the area at least twice a week. Truth is early in the morning when I work out I am surrounded by friends. I'm still petrified they will think I am over stepping the boundaries. But that is all the old crap yelling in my head.
For me, what I was taught about being a man was a toxic lie. I am fighting to embrace what I know is good about us men, like your courage to even bring it up!

#366882 - 07/29/11 07:19 AM Re: A Man? [Re: BDD]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
There are few things in the world as disgusting as a man. I can feel like a boy, a human, a nerd, a god, an animal, a villain, a machine, ... but if I feel like a man I feel distressed to the point of nausea.

I cringe at how unempathic behavior gets routinely justified under the guise of manliness. I cringe at the absence of any aesthetics in the physical male form. I cringe at the whole parade of failed role models who have passed before my child eyes, expecting me to copy their dumb, aggressive behavior. And I cringe at the monstruous form my boy body has transformed into.

There are men whom I am cordial with. But once I feel connected to them, I stop viewing them as male. My friends have their own gender, so to speak.

... It's bad, isn't it?

#366908 - 07/29/11 03:28 PM Re: A Man? [Re: well-intended]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Well intended,

I don't think it's bad; I rather like the idea of an alternative or "non" gender. Much less of a threat.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#366971 - 07/30/11 03:15 AM Re: A Man? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
I like it as well, John. Feeling different than everybody else even has led to some positive self-fulfilling prophecies, that made up for a lot of bad things in my childhood. I've made sure I have lots of reasons to like it. And I would still like my wacky world view, overall, if it weren't for the realization that these attitudes also guarantee my adult virginity.

#367138 - 08/01/11 02:20 AM Re: A Man? [Re: Sobernow]
Sailboat92 Offline

Loc: Ct
Me too, in everything you wrote, with particular attention to the goetee...I thought someone would tell me to shave it because who was I fool on- let's talk shame

#367152 - 08/01/11 08:08 AM Re: A Man? [Re: Sailboat92]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
The only reason I dont grow a beard any more is because it is snow white, damn thing ages me ten years, no thanks.

I am Man enough
Martin

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.