Quote:
But something in me picked out people in my environment who resembled the perpetrator of my abuse. There were 3 such people. There I was, an adult and a teacher. But that something in me was having these extremely strong responses to several people. I actually acted something like a boy in that when I saw those people I would break into tears.

Allen, I am so sorry that you had to experience this.

Quote:
I started seeing a good T. He told me that it was PTSD. Just knowing what was happening and talking to someone who understood helped me a lot. But then he helped me to become aware of how to get over that reaction.

This is HUGE! I am trying to establish this with my son. He is so wise for his 7 years, I am trying to stay at
His level and not scare him.

Quote:
What he said was that when I started having that PTSD reaction I should become aware that I was really NOT BACK THERE at all. That I was who I was and not then. I was in NOW. I had to do was have this little book-mark in my mind. I was not compelled to react that way.

This is where I am trying to get my sonís mindset. I truly appreciate your experience and how you have dealt with this Allen. Hopefully one day my son will be able to understand this. He is not ready yet, I will
Be here for him. You save my Sanity and keep me grounded. Words are not enough to thank you and everyone here for your input.

Quote:
And didi, do you need a little help carrying your heavy burdens?

For a small woman I have B-I-G shoulders! wink

Didi