Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (MrEdd, JW1230, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444149 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#365899 - 07/13/11 03:09 AM VENT-Feeling betrayed...(poss triggers)
LittleMissL Offline
New Here

This more a vent then anything just becuase I really don't have anywhere else or anyone else that I can talk about this to that would understand.

My husband was abused as a child by a sunday school teacher at his church when he was a child. Over the years he had mentioned this happening but never went into detail. About 3-4 years ago I discovered him getting into some bad things on the internet and finally confronted him about the 800 lb gorilla sitting in the corner. It turns out that he had never talked to anyone about what happened and he agreed that it was something that he needed help with and started seeing a therapist.

2 years later I discovered more issues with the internet and confronted him about it. Up to that day, there were only 2 people he had spoked to about what happened to him as a child, his therapist and me. He hadn't been able to get in to see his therapist that day to talk about what happened so to my surprise he actually went and spoke to a local priest that was also the Chaplin for his fire department. I was surprised and happy that he finally had willingly opened up to another person about the abuse.

Over the past 2 years we had become good friends with this priest. This week the news broke that this priest has been arrested for inappropriate conduct with a child. Really?? Are you fricking kidding me?!!!!! I am feeling so hurt and betrayed by him. He listened to my husband and supported us and was our friend. That he knew my husband's past and continued to be our friend while he was doing what he was doing is just really pissing me off!!! I'm worried about my husband, true to form, he won't talk about it or how he feels about it. I know how angry and upset I am about all of this and I worry about how it is affecting him. I hope he will bring it up at least with his therapist.

God, I am still so pissed, angry and hurt by this person!!!!! I had taken a break from seeing a therapist myself but I may have to go back to try and deal with my feelings on this one.

Thanks for letting me just get this out...

#365901 - 07/13/11 05:16 AM Re: VENT-Feeling betrayed...(poss triggers) [Re: LittleMissL]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi little miss

Sorry about this unfortunate incident. I hope that this doesn't send the H into decline. Watch him and make sure he doesn't want to creep back Into his "safe place" the internet etc again.
On the other hand, I'm glad the Chaplin has been outed, but saddened that he was close to your family. Hope his behavior hasn't affected your family.

Be tough

God Speed
Martin

#365904 - 07/13/11 06:47 AM Re: VENT-Feeling betrayed...(poss triggers) [Re: LittleMissL]
katie1205 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm so sorry. Thank just sucks big honkin rocks. There's not much of comfort I have to offer.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.