Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#365771 - 07/11/11 02:15 AM Calling All Gamers!!!!!
Kaene Offline

Loc: Ausin, TX
In a community of men who tend to live and breathe escapism, I know that I can't be the only one.

So, who out there loves video games? What are you playing currently? What are your favorite games of all time?

Are you a PC snob, a console monkey, or both?

#365772 - 07/11/11 02:19 AM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: Kaene]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
PC Snob for sure, but currently not much of a gamer.

However, I do have half a dozen or so versions of Mah Jongg, and was an "addict" for some time. We're talking hours of this at a time.

Andy

Edited by FormerTexan (07/11/11 02:20 AM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#365784 - 07/11/11 09:58 AM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: FormerTexan]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Die hard gamer here!

Just spent a huge chunk of our tax return in April to build me an awesome gaming rig (an replacement for the awesome rig I built 5 or so years ago).

I wouldn't call myself a "PC Snob", as I do end a variety of gaming console, and even have a hacked wii with all my games loaded onto a USB Harddrive!! BUT I don't do ANY online gaming on my consoles. I just don't see the point personally!

Most of my games these days come through steam and I go there ALL the time. Especially now that I have a huge number of newbs to go after on Team Fortress 2 now that it's free!!!

#365789 - 07/11/11 11:40 AM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: JustScott]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Oh my, this was a coping mechanism, or should I say Dis-coping mechanism for months.

The first person flyer/shooter Descent series from Outrage, Interplay. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/descent3/index.html

It cannot be purchased here, but if you use a web browser, you can still find it.

This is a great PC game that has the player flying a space ship through tunnels and rooms, gathering keys and fighting robots, until the reactor of the mine is destroyed and then the player must find the secret passage and escape.

No person-on-person violence, but plenty of cheats and secret upgrades.., man, this was my "drug" of choice for months with user created levels and ships, textures and colors, and the online battles..

Heh heh heh, I have not thought about that game in months. My boys and I used to hook up the LAN and play for hours against each other, or in co-play getting through the levels.

Console games? Not so much, although the Nintendo NES took more of my time than any of them...

Great post Kaene thanks,
Sam

#365791 - 07/11/11 02:30 PM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: Kaene]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
I like gaming of all kinds--console games, PC games, etc. I grew up with Mario Bros, Zelda, StreetFighter and Sonic the Hedgehog. I have a Wii but I'm not in love with it. My wife uses it for the workout component more than I use it for games. Lately, if I want a video game I usually gravitate towards real time strategy games like StarCraft & StarCraft II, WarCraft, and World of WarCraft...also love all the various incarnations of Age of Empires and Civilization.

I don't spend nearly as much time playing video games as I used to. They can be just as addicting as heroin--it's how they're designed to be! World of WarCraft used to be what I thought of every moment of every day and once I realized it had eclipsed what is really important in life, I had to give it up cold turkey. There was no way for me to play that game casually.

I also like stuff like Magic: The Gathering, Dominion, Warhammer, D&D, RISK, etc. Tabletop games I think can have more therapeutic value to me because they involve interacting with other people, which is a big challenge for me after sexual assault.

- Saint John of the Cross

#365793 - 07/11/11 02:47 PM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: CruxFidelis]
thefutureorbust Offline

Loc: NC
Im an xbox guy myself with COD Black ops as my main source of addiction lol

#365798 - 07/11/11 04:39 PM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: thefutureorbust]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
lol definitely have my fair share of xbox binges, especially in the winter. Mostly playing COD Black ops, NHL 2011, and just lost 2 weeks of my life playing LA Noir haha. I just know most of my winter will be lost playing the new modern warfare lol

#365819 - 07/11/11 09:31 PM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: Riley]
Kaene Offline

Loc: Ausin, TX
Quote:
Most of my games these days come through steam and I go there ALL the time. Especially now that I have a huge number of newbs to go after on Team Fortress 2 now that it's free!!!

I remember when they bundled steam with HL2, and everyone was like WTF is this?? Now I don't know how I ever lived without it lol.

I'm one of said newbs btw, tho I've only put in a couple hours. Though I played several hundred hours of TF1 back in the day, it was a blast.

Right now my drug of choice is Killing Floor. It's an older game but it's cheap and they keep putting it on sale on steam. It's a slower paced team-play tactical FPS. Too many zombies to kill, not enough time smile

Quote:
The first person flyer/shooter Descent series from Outrage, Interplay.

Oh man I loved the descent series, I can't tell you how many hours I sunk into that game, it was almost an inside joke with me and my friends.

Quote:
World of WarCraft used to be what I thought of every moment of every day and once I realized it had eclipsed what is really important in life, I had to give it up cold turkey.

Ahh MMOs. I gave 7 years of my life to Eve Online. At one point I had 6 charecters across 5 accounts active and was solo running a large non faction starbase in wormhole space. I was putting 6-12 hours a day every day into that thing, and at least 20 hours a month just working out logistics to keep the thing fueled and running. It got to the point that I started looking forward to going to work cause at least I wouldn't have to worry about my freaking tower for a while lol. > 6 months this went on.

It's sick I know, but I rank that tower alongside my other life accomplishments, like getting my eagle scout, and quitting drinking blush I'm currently on extended hiatus from that game, it's pure evil.

Great video about the game: http://play.eveonline.com/en/home.aspx

I'm also a huge fan of the Total War series, anyone who likes turn based strategy, RTSs or is really into history should check them out.

#365821 - 07/11/11 10:19 PM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: Kaene]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
I forgot total war!!! medieval total war is an wonderfully designed game, haven't played that in years.

- Saint John of the Cross

#365914 - 07/13/11 01:21 PM Re: Calling All Gamers!!!!! [Re: CruxFidelis]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
xbox box 360 for me , i LOVEe gears of war and will be buying gears 3 when it come out . i also like boxing games and football. my gamertag is NLTSAVED let me know if you want to play some gears of war as long as you know what you are doing that is .

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.