Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (Serpenta, pluckmemory, Cam76, Jwmcd2, GT13568, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62504 Topics
438065 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#365652 - 07/08/11 12:17 AM Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case
jls Offline

Do people here think he's guilty of sexually assaulting that hotel maid? As it stands she's been proven to be dishonest in her dealings with other matters but does this mean she's lying about sexual assault? We can ask why would she lie about that but its a fact that some people have. On top of this there's another accuser claiming that he atempted to rape her in 2003. Given the increase in allegations is this an example of where there's smoke there's fire? Perhaps its hard to say. There's another element to all this and it's that up until the first accusation was made Strauss-Kahn was expected to be a serious contender for the French presidency. Is it possible that there are political motivations at play here? I honestly don't know the answers to any of my questions. Just pondering is all. JS

#365657 - 07/08/11 09:30 AM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: jls]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
It is possible he was framed, per this article.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#365669 - 07/08/11 01:43 PM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: FormerTexan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
According to the news reports I have followed, his misbehavior was frequent in his home country. But that kind of behavior is tolerated there. He's not really a "nice" guy.

I think that someone here (in USA) was trying to change the balance of power by getting him on the chopping block. Who would have contemplated something like that? I have an idea but I'll have to think about it before I post it.

Allen

#365701 - 07/09/11 01:01 AM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: pufferfish]
jls Offline

Yes I'd heard stories about his sexual misbehaviour. I wouldn't say that it is totally tolerated in France as that depends on whether you ask women or men about him. Anyways all I can say is that where money, power and sex intersect nothing's ever as clear as it should be. JS

#365757 - 07/10/11 06:11 PM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: jls]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
This is a page out of wealthy powerful sex predator's playbook. See what happened to any of Michael Jackson's victims or Bill Clinton's. Amazing that they went back and examined all her tax returns, etc. She lied on her taxes so don't help her if she is raped?

You have a potential presidential candidate in France with money to burn versus the word of a hotel maid. He pulls together the dream team and the mudslinging starts. The maid's attorney wasted no time with a slander suit against the NY Post for the prostitution mud ball. Hell, pick a struggling reporter, slip them some "source stories" and a few thousand bucks and we have an expose on the slut whore maid who dares accuse the saintly IMF chief. Color me as not lending that much credence.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#365758 - 07/10/11 06:16 PM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: catfish86]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: catfish86
This is a page out of wealthy powerful sex predator's playbook. See what happened to any of Michael Jackson's victims or Bill Clinton's. Amazing that they went back and examined all her tax returns, etc. She lied on her taxes so don't help her if she is raped?

You have a potential presidential candidate in France with money to burn versus the word of a hotel maid. He pulls together the dream team and the mudslinging starts. The maid's attorney wasted no time with a slander suit against the NY Post for the prostitution mud ball. Hell, pick a struggling reporter, slip them some "source stories" and a few thousand bucks and we have an expose on the slut whore maid who dares accuse the saintly IMF chief. Color me as not lending that much credence.

Very well summarized, Catfish.

It sounds to me as a play between some powerful forces.

Allen

#365854 - 07/12/11 10:33 AM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: catfish86]
jls Offline

To digress for a minute, I wouldn't say any of the women Bill Clinton had consensual sex with were victims, unless you count Monica Lewinsky's hurt feelings from falsely believing he really was going to divorce Hillary and run away with her. In that case she was a victim of her own stupidity. On the Michael Jackson comparison though I wholeheartedly agree with your point, that being that he used money and influence to abuse and likewise used money and influence to cover it up. Same can be said for Roman Polanski, who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl more than 30 years ago yet still walks free, and countless members of the Catholic clergy. In my estimation Dominique Strauss-Kahn likely falls into the same category, namely someone who abused his position of influence to exert power over someone for power's sake. On that note this has nothing to do with sex, its about power, just as it is in every instance of sexual abuse or assault. Sex is used as a weapon is all, same as a hand is capable of making a fist. JS

#365960 - 07/14/11 09:17 AM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: jls]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Not to redirect the thread, but with bill clinton there was a string of women. Remember the lawsuit from paula jones that clinton committed perjury in over monica. It involved a campaign worker he invited into a hotel room. Another couple of women accused him of rape while he was arkansas atty general. Regardless of your political positions there is a lot of snoke in clintons closet onsexual abuse of women. The point is it is standard to "blame the victim" in rape cases and is especially furious when the defendant is rich and famous with a well funded defense team.

Edited by catfish86 (07/14/11 09:22 AM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#365999 - 07/14/11 10:34 PM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: catfish86]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some of these powerful men are sexual addicts. They probably never get apprehended because of their status. This would apply to some of our perpetrators.

Allen

#366005 - 07/15/11 12:27 AM Re: Dominique Strauss-Kahn Case [Re: pufferfish]
jls Offline

Obviously all abuse is an abuse of power, as in they wouldn't do it if they thought they couldn't get away with it. I would also add that lack of accountability contributes greatly to the abuse of power, and by that I include the people surrounding the perpetrator. You see it in politics, the police force, the military, the Catholic church, and of course the family, where such institutions often operate according to their own "code" and there is a culture of not turning in one of your own. When a perpetrator is so powerful that the only people he's surrounded by are subordinates not allowed or inclined to challenge him its even worse. While I believe strongly that such abusers of power need to be held accountable for their deeds, I feel just as strongly that the culture of deference to power without question needs to change dramatically if we are going to have an effect on preventing sexual assault/abuse. JS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.