Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, Rustam, overwhelmed1975, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63222 Topics
442098 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#365487 - 07/05/11 01:26 PM mother - nurting, loving, NOT
woman Offline

You Boys, You men, you break my heart.
It absolutely breaks my heart to read these horrid, so mind blowingly sickening experiences you all have had to suffer as a child and still do.
And that is why feel, I need to write for the first time in internet forums ever, now in this page.
I do not have children and the reason for that is I had enough common sense to not to have them before I am emotionally, mentally and financially completely ready to have them.
Never been in any particular hurry though, since I already got in my mind from my 30's that adopting would be better option for me anyway. I do not make too much difference, who has given birth to a child, and there is too many children born into this world already in orphanage homes, every day waiting to somebody to come for them and have family.
Irony in this world and the hole motherhood thing for me is, that lots of stable, sound maternal women do not end up having children from the reason above and how many there is women, who can't even handle their own lives, go and get pregnant and give birth. Many of these women, as your stories here testify, have ZERO maternal instinct and what is discusting that not only they have enough love in them to protect they own children, they actually ABUSE THEM THEMSELVES. These women are criminals, not mothers. They are seriously mentally ill, unloving and obviously unable to understand their mental state, which makes them so dangerous. You boys/men are like my husband (who was sexually abused by his "mother") , YOU DID/DO NOT HAVE A MOTHER. You lived with a criminal, who never deserved to keep the child they gave birth to. In my opinion a woman, who has not been acting like mother, does not deserve to be called one.

MOTHERHOOD IS NOT BIOLOGY , it is A STATE OF MIND. An attitude. Mothers love, protect and nurture children. It is for women who are able to put their childs needs before their own.
I wish I could understand, why is this world so twisted, that the nature automaticly gives a woman to ability to fertilize, but not ability to love the child. It is unnatural. Shouldn't love be inbred in women, whom has this much power over another human life?

SO, I am writing this in hope, that any of you boys/men reading this could restore some sort of believe that there is LOVING, CARING, KIND women out there. Many men think, that the finest quality in women is maternity, they just don#t necessary know it. It almost seems to be like a symbol to feminity. In my opinion, it is good to look these qualities in girfriends, wife, or female friends. It has nothing to do with wanting your wife to be your motherfigure. For me for example ( and I am a woman) it is one the qualities I look instincly in my female friends. How they are with loved ones, if they cook for them, worry about them, and especially how are they with they animals. If the woman do not have a compassion (real not only words) for an innocent child or animal, I have no time for them.
In my marriage, I AM IN EVERY WAYS THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my husbands "mother". That would be a good guidance for any men being sexually abused by women. There is no reason to hate all women, that will only hurt yourself. There is notjing more fulfilling than being in equal, loving, caring relaisonship. To have somebody to really share your life with, to play with, to laugh with, to travel with or to grow with, whatever..lots of good women you can trust and love. It is give and take.

You just have to KEEP YOUR EYES open, follow your instinct, look for the signs! Keep your eyes open..listen. You KNOW in your heart who loves you and who does not.
I have heard my husbands "mother" to say to him that "she loves him". Words "I LOVE YOU" have too many times USED AS A TOOL to control people. In this "mothers" case the "love" stopped when he did not break up with me, woke up from his 40 years long denial and confronted her. No more "love" was coming to his way, the woman completely abandoned him, denying any abuse. My husband was dumped to an orphanage home at the age of zero by his "mother", who then later on took him back when he was 6. Her explanation was, when confronting her about the sexual abuse "somebody else was abusing you in that home". However, there was no emotion! She did not try to comfort him, worry about his mantal state of mind..to get help for him, not try to find this fantasy abuser, who has hurt her child..NOTHING!! ACTIONS SPEAK!!
It has BEEN VERY CLEAR SINCE to my husband (no more excuses for her) that SHE DOES NOT LOVE HIM or even have any maternal instincs what so ever. Discusting unnatural individual.
On top of that, my husband remembers exactly where the masturbation happened and even her discusting facial expressions. Her hands, the pain, the guilt. You know unfortunately, what im talking about..

So , THESE women, these "mothers" did NOT LOVE YOU and you SHOULD NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND LOVE THEM back. SAVE YOUR love to somebody who DESERVES it.
Love is SIMPLE, and it is very easy to recognize.
When somebody loves you, YOU FEEL GOOD about yourself, it makes you feel SAFE and makes you feel CONFIDENT. It makes you feel accepted, it makes you feel HAPPY !!!! IT MAKES YOU FEEL FREE !!!
In a loving enviroment you are free to grow, develop, and learn. This opportunity was taken away from my husband, just like it was taken away from you as a child, BUT ALL this is possible TO DO later on in life.
FIND people, who make you feel better . INSPIRE YOU TO BE A BETTER PERSON!
Avoid people who drag you down or control you. (your "mother" ?)
Avoid people who want to hurt you or are too needy to give any love back. (your "mother"?)
GET HELP, the is lots of good psychiatrist out there. If you are in the position to pay for it, DO IT. My husband has a FANTASTIC relaisonship with his male psychiatrist, He has a NEW LIFE, he is succesful professional. He finished his studies, he is free and happy!!

IT IS A LONG ROAD TO RECOVERY, so SEEK HELP NOW.
Your abusers have already stolen so much of your time, stolen much of your life. Reserved too much of your energy (you could have used it to studying, self deveplopment or just simply happy living instead!), STOP THEM. Do not give them ANY MORE POWER by not seeking help. Push them out of your life, LOVE YOURSELF. You were not put on this earth to suffer in the hands of anybody, you have a chance to have a happy life just like the rest of us. FIGHT!

Learn to know who you are and most IMPORTANTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO BECOME and start building your life little by little with the help of therapist and GOOD friends.
Trinfast2010 had an excellent way of coping. I support you and know you will heal soon, when you concentrate on positives and do not give up. It is really tough, but never give up on good honest life.
I think, ANYBODY can be in denial, anybody can swim in misery, feel sorry for themselves, lie, cheat, be an asshole, that does not need any talent, srentgh or is ANYWAY SPECIAL. DOING THE RIGHT THING, being honest to yourself, work trough your issues is much more difficult and deserves respect. Choose to be a winner!

Being in the happy relaisonship (hetero or gay) with your wife or partner is sometimes challenging, but i think with love, honesty, understanding and kindness it is so much easier. I love my husband. He is my dream come true. His past means nothing to me. I wish he never had to go trough those horrows with that criminal, but at the same time it has made him a stronger person, who has much better insight to his own behaviour and as you may already know, WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN IN HELL, YOU CAN REALLY LOVE AND APPRECIATE GOOD LIFE!

LOVE AND RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS and the rest comes naturally.

I always follow this:
Nelson Mandela "you can not always remember what people said or what they did, but you remember how they made you feel"

that's it. If this reply helps even a little bit any one of you..it was worth it. You all, Take care of yourself!

#365496 - 07/05/11 05:51 PM Re: mother - nurting, loving, NOT [Re: woman]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, woman,

Wow, pretty powerful & straight from your heart & soul.

Normally I do not respond to anything from a female. But, your compassion, understanding & love for us. I cannot ignore.

I won't go into my story here it's well posted. But I will say that my "mom" was everything that you have described in your above post.

Very courageous of you. I for one surely appreciate it.

If I ever had a "mom", i sure wish it was like you.

Many thanks, from this gay boy/man,many thanks.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunlight, forever into eternity," As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#365619 - 07/07/11 04:59 PM Re: mother - nurting, loving, NOT [Re: petercorbett]
thefutureorbust Offline

Loc: NC
Pete, no offense, but why the need to label yourself so strongly? this "gay" man/boy? is your sexuality the only way to define yourself? I'm sure there is way more to you then what your sexual preference is. Also have you ever considered that you aversion and non emotional non sexual feelings towards women is directly related to your abuse from your mother? After going through theraphy for the last two months ( and still going) and being honest with myself...I personally believe every human being on the planet is SOMEWHAT bisexual...I am attracted to both sexes for different reasons...you very well may be 99 percent gay (if you were never abused perhaps it would be 60%)but nobody is 100% gay or straight in thought, action, dream etc. They may do a good job of surpressing it but no one is 100% But despite all of that...why not just call yourself Pete? Just My opinion...not trying to control you or upset you in anyway.

#365644 - 07/07/11 10:33 PM Re: mother - nurting, loving, NOT [Re: thefutureorbust]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
My, fraternal brother,

No offense is taken. And I'm not upset.

The reason I label myself "gay" boy/man, is because it was suppressed in me for 65+ years. It was always there, but just under the conscious level.

Since, I have been in recovery T sessions,WoR's & here in MS.

I have learned more about myself in these last 3 years than I ever knew about my self in the previous 69. And that includes my true sexuality. Who was I? What am I? Gay. From that boy now a man. No longer hidden behind a mask. No longer in fear.
No longer suppressed by me being in the military for 23 years.

As before all this came to the surface, I didn't know me...until now. I am what I am. In most of my non GBTQ posts I am plain Pete., albeit an Irishmoose one.

Appreciate your thoughts & frankness.

Heal well, my fraternal brother, freshwound, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#370867 - 09/23/11 06:40 PM Re: mother - nurting, loving, NOT [Re: petercorbett]
gray88 Offline

i also am a woman, and one of my deepest fears has been that when i do have a child, i will not be a good mother.

it's 6:30am and i've stayed up reading your stories, each of them gut-wrenching, inspiring, saddening, infuriating, etcetera, but all of them instilling in me the resolve to BE A GOOD MOTHER when the day comes. to always protect my child in a way that preserves his/her dignity and independence, to teach him/her to love and to respect others by loving and respecting my children in example, and to never, NEVER abuse them in ANY way emotional or physical.

thank you for sharing your words, i hope you will know that there are good women out there (i dare not say i am A Good Woman but i always try my best). and thank you for helping, by speaking out about your experiences, to ensure that the next generation's children grow up in healthy love and safe families.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.