Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63420 Topics
443378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36556 - 04/13/05 01:40 AM Re: Michael Jackson
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
My take on the whole MJ fiasco, is that MJ is Truelly mentally disadvantaged (I don't want that to sound derogatory, like today so many people say some one like that is 'sick,' but what does sick really mean? If he really is/was sick, then wouldn't it not be his fault?

Its as if they (society) tries to excuse them selves from accutally dealing with the issue while simaltaniously distancing them selves from any guilt or emotion about the subject.
To me, this seems like and is a major cop-out. But i guess its just 'their defense mech. of denouncing it with out really trying to understanding its complex nature.

But their attitude is Fucked up! Its the attitude of "out of sight, out of mind." Its the attitude that if they forget about it long enough, then it will go away.

This attitude, while understandable, is very dangerous.

Potential pedophiles, that want help are too affraid to seek it out--the inherent danger in that, is self explanatory.

I want to make clear that I personally do NOT condone any of this behavior, especially any acts toward weaker parties, ie. children and if that has taken place in my book, you are scum. But if not, and you are trying to seek help, especially in this modern (societies) climate.
Then I applaud yur efforts and concider you a coragious person--a true benifit to society-----------------------This is the attitude that society MUST addopt if we are to see any real Change in the situation:
Seek help and You will not be ostresized! Act on the impuse and not only will you be ostresized, But punished and consequenced harshly to the full extent of the law!

This approach that we as a society have in place now, is not helping the current situation! the same amount of abuse is reported and god only knows how many go unreported, as in my case.

some one must Change it!!!!!--If we really want to attack pedophillia at its source!
Maybe someone already a public figure, like Ken Singer, or some one like that can deliver the message.

Sorry, I know the post was orriginally about something else.

As for MJ, I think hes is so self deluded that he Truely believes their is nothing wrong with his actions. Instead of trying to help and change himself, he posseses or thinks he possesses the power and influence to change the world.

sorry. I know I am jumping around here.

I base my idea's on facts and evidence. For me their are too many tell-tale signs to ignore the situation, hence their is something wrong with the picture. At the very least their is some thing very suspect about the the whole situation-a long trail tainted w/ deciet.

But on the same note, I pity MJ cause I think he is going to self teminate once this blows up in his face.

I can't finish this train of though or post right now, I have too much work. I have a test tomarow to study for.

BTW, I have harboured these opions for some time now. If they upset some of you, then I am sorry about that but it is the way i feel.

MJ is the scapegoat for the entire country on the issue.

But thats my 2 cents anyway....

Logan

-Blade Runner

#36557 - 04/13/05 02:03 PM Re: Michael Jackson
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Logan:
You are on target, if I read you right:
Quote:
But their attitude is Fucked up! Its the attitude of "out of sight, out of mind." Its the attitude that if they forget about it long enough, then it will go away.

This attitude, while understandable, is very dangerous.

Potential pedophiles, that want help are too affraid to seek it out--the inherent danger in that, is self explanatory.
If you are saying that potential pedophiles/sex abusers, should get help BEFORE they abuse, I agree wholeheartedly with you.

There is a place for potential abusers (or those who have abused and want to stop) to get some help. It also helps family and friends who are concerned about the behaviors of those who are "too friendly" or touchy with kids.

It is Stop it Now! http://www.stopitnow.org They also have a toll-free number to talk about it (1 888-PREVENT).

Check it out.
Ken

#36558 - 04/13/05 02:17 PM Re: Michael Jackson
self_righting Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Some good points in this thread. Since this fiasco started I've had to bite my tongue more than once. I know I am going to blurt out something soon if MJ comes up again. It will definitely be a conversation killer. You know what? I don't care. Maybe next time the people I am around will actually think about the issue before they blurt out a canned defense statement for MJ. The rational part of me agrees that until proven guilty he has a right to the presumption of innocence. The 10 year old victim in me is screaming - "Look at the signs. They are all there. He groomed those boys!" I FEEL that he is guilty.
My office mates have been throwing around defenses of MJ and the pope for the past month. I am afraid that people are going to see me differently when I finally have my say on these two related issues.

#36559 - 04/13/05 02:36 PM Re: Michael Jackson
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi good thread

Im just waiting for Jonathan King to put his head above the trench and he is 100% guilty as proved in a court of law.

I have posted this elsewhere I have started up an online petition to have one Jonathan King removed from the British Phonographic industry "Man of the year" list for 1997, other recipients included the legendary Beatles producer Sir George Martin.

The petition can be found here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?27121955

Would it be ok to post the petition address on the main message board?

Cheers

Kirk

#36560 - 04/13/05 10:29 PM Re: Michael Jackson
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Michael Jackson: I started with an open mind - it's now closed!

What raised my initial suspicions was the attention seeking illnesses (hospitalised for flu just after the pope - I don't know anyone under 90 that this has happened to). The bad back, and the fan shouting out to him as he entered court - momentarily turning like a fit person & then suddenly finding the pain again).

That's just the observations.

I've read a book 'All that glitters' (available in tescos UK for about 4).

Then there's the testimony - the only thing that will change my mind now is if I 'do a Dallas' and wake up in the shower to find it was all just a dream.

Best wishes ...Rik

#36562 - 04/13/05 11:50 PM Re: Michael Jackson
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I think I've been in Rich's shed joining him in a good rant!
The parents of that boy are beyond belief, if jackson's foung guilty then they should be instantly arrested for complicity.

Kev, the "Smoking Gun" website makes interesting reading, yes it's a scandal sheet, tabloid type of site. But the photocopies of witness statements look genuine enough, and make jackson look even more guilty that I already 'think' he is.

Dave

#36563 - 04/14/05 06:04 PM Re: Michael Jackson
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I read the witness statements, not sure what site it was, they seem authentic, and it sure looks compelling evidence against him.

These kids are not lying, there is more than one, and they cant make these things up for money.

Sorry Kev, he was your idol, not your fault it turned this way.

I dont know what the mood here would be, if he is found not guilty, dont want to even think.

Just want to add, that MJ and ones like him think that they are right in what they do, and they think that it is the world that is wrong, that is where the big danger lies in all of this,

ste

#36564 - 04/18/05 01:17 AM Re: Michael Jackson
jonny Offline

Loc: london
hey all
ah the MJ thing.
been following the whole thing for a while now. All i hope is that the jury gets it right and that justice is done. I personally reckon he is guilty, but it would be beyond awful to be convicted for being a paedophile if you were innocent. Im sure the is shitting bricks right now. The thing thats bugging me most about the whole media circus surrounding the case is the lack of question marks being placed over the heads of the parents. These people are every bit as guilty as the offender himself.
Im of the opinion that the hunger for cash is more important than their childrend welfare, which to me is every bit as bad as messing with the kids.

#36565 - 04/20/05 01:06 AM Re: Michael Jackson
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Been away for a while. MJ, right now I am hoping for a mistrial! I hate grandstanding DA's that don't do their homework, and prepare their wittinesses. If we get a mistrial, it means MJ can be triad again. What I want is a good trial, not a circus side show! Here is the link to the smoking gun. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0404051lemarque1.html
While I don't know if MJ is guilty or Innocent. I have long had the feeling that he is trying to change himself into a white woman. Don't know what thats about, it's just the feeling I get.

#36566 - 04/20/05 03:39 AM Re: Michael Jackson
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lostcowboy,

Now that you mention it, he does look like a young Carol Channing.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.