Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
7 registered (journey4two, Esposa, Bluedogone, SJC, GT13568, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63399 Topics
443269 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#365271 - 07/01/11 11:53 AM NON-MOVING PUNCHING BAG
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada

Hello, I just was wondering.. I have a little apt.;
and I always wanted to go to a gym where
there is punching bags ( and have). I can't
afford to go-as often and is out of my way.
How can I hoist a dufflebag over one side of my room?
The dufflebag would be full of material inside.
It would be there for the purpose of me punching and
kicking the object without it moving so much.
Does anyone have any ideas in how I can do this?
Thanks for reading this!

#365356 - 07/03/11 11:32 AM Re: NON-MOVING PUNCHING BAG [Re: Sterling]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
In an apartment, it may not be possible to mount an eyelet to the ceiling, but if it is, then use an eyelet and screw it into the wood joists of the ceiling in the room you wish to mount the bag.

Then take 3/8 or 1/2 inch rope, and fasten it to the bag, and a tie off, like a boat tie on a dock, to a wall.

If you do not have wood, then it would need to be cement fasteners through the drywall.

If you cannot mount to the walls or ceiling, then you would need to make a frame from metal or wood, a structure that would be stable enough to absorb the energy of a punch or kick.

Finally, you may wish to use a heavy bottomed punching bag, one that is in a frame, and sits of the floor.

These are some ideas, I know you will come up with what is right for you, let me know, ok?

Sam

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.