Newest Members
thisisforJK, country_guy, ce, Lalinda, RichNewman
12601 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deano39 (51), debsjeff (50), J.Baby (29), Pathfinder (66), phoster (50), phoster2 (50), repentantjeff (50), russ-in-milwaukee (45), russ-milwaukee (45), zadok1 (50)
Who's Online
5 registered (Mishka95673, Alone&Broken, Michael1965, robwk1988, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12601 Members
74 Forums
64707 Topics
452233 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#364366 - 06/16/11 11:31 PM Don't know what to do...
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
frown

I think my wife hates me. She keeps giving me an ultimatum to choose between my daughter or her, and keeps threatening divorce. I don't know how much more I can take of this. Already dealing with depression, and this just makes it get worse. She and my daughter are so much alike they just can't get along. Considered moving my daughter out (she's 18; home for the summer; will return to college in August). The house is a freakin' war zone, and an awful place for my two younger kids (14 and 7). Our marriage counselor is somewhat helpful, but my wife can't seem to understand the stress I'm under. I just want to crawl in a hole and die.

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#364630 - 06/20/11 10:04 AM Re: Don't know what to do... [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
((((FS)))))

Your wife is hurt.

Your daughter is young and immature.

You have love and strength for them both.

You can share that in helpful ways and avoid the dysfunctional patterns of the past.

You may have to draw some firm boundaries. What r they?

ďIt doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.