Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#364464 - 06/18/11 01:24 PM I sometimes feel as though my sexuality was affect
robertpattinson Offline

I usually like just girls. I have experimented with guys. I liked it but I could never let the touch me or see them undressed. It totally makes me lose a little control. I know I'm bisexual. But it's like I can't even really acknowledge it because of what happened. I was wondering like not that it changed what sexuality I am just what my reaction to it is?

Edited by robertpattinson (06/18/11 03:05 PM)

#364470 - 06/18/11 04:16 PM Re: I sometimes feel as though my sexuality was affect [Re: robertpattinson]
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
Sexuality is tricky and very wide too. I can't really understand what you are trying to ask, but sexuality is a tough subject for survivors and answers don't come right away.

Your reaction to men and women may stem from the act of the abuse. I struggled with my own sexuality for a long time before finding out that I'm gay. Therapy helped a bit for me but my own feelings eventually led me to my conclusion. Hope this helps you.

#364581 - 06/19/11 06:23 PM Re: I sometimes feel as though my sexuality was affect [Re: h.beat,h.break]
robertpattinson Offline

I was just wondering thlike I am so unsure around the same sex that it makes me wonder if I am actually gay but I totally block it. It seems.

#364607 - 06/19/11 10:34 PM Re: I sometimes feel as though my sexuality was affect [Re: robertpattinson]
jevin Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere on the Red Road
Even without the effects of CSA clouding the picture, it can take a long time to figure out your sexual orientation. I was almost 21, and still a virgin, when I finally accepted my sexuality. If I hadn't had a supportive, loving community around me it probably would have taken me a lot longer.

Be patient. Give yourself time to sort through what's reactive and what's real in you. Lean into trusted friends who won't judge you. Answers probably won't come quickly, but they will come.

Peace.

- Jev

#364616 - 06/20/11 05:24 AM Re: I sometimes feel as though my sexuality was affect [Re: jevin]
robertpattinson Offline

btw I have a gf of 2 years and have a family... But I sometimes wonder if none of it had happened land I'd have grown up normal. If I'd have the family I have. I wouldn't give it up for anything. I just guess have always been curious. Belut it's always been shut down. Maybe there's no real need to know idk.

#364636 - 06/20/11 11:42 AM Re: I sometimes feel as though my sexuality was affect [Re: robertpattinson]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
You've asked the questions, don't discount them. I was married for 7yrs and loved my wife and family. As part of accepting the abuse, I had to accept my sexuality as well. Afterwards, I felt more whole and that I had better understanding of myself.

I'm not saying you're gay, or bi, or anything but human. Love yourself. Accept the questions for now as part of the journey.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.