Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (YYZGIRL, GT13568, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#363587 - 06/04/11 11:08 AM Re: Sexual acting out [Re: Driftwood]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yes, that's part of why I ask this question. Because fundamentalist religions sometimes equate gay/different love with addictions such as alcoholism, or violence such as murder, all under the sweeping banner of 'sin'.

These attitudes are responsible for so much suffering for gay and gender variant people, especially young people struggling with their sexual orientation (see It Gets Better). Some religions are essentially abusing gays to serve their own agenda.

So it's no wonder that shame creeps into our sexuality. For some, that means they cannot love their same-sex expressions of love. 'Sexual acting out' can be a convenient way of saying 'I can't love that part of me, so I'm going to label it dysfunctional.'

For others, perhaps, their same-sex attraction or their kink is actually dysfunctional for them. But either way, it's hard to know in such a heated climate where folks are either screaming at you to come out gay or screaming at you to repent for the bloody sin.

I don't struggle much with being gay personally, but I do struggle with my kinky sexual expressions and being attracted to assholes, which seem to be re-enactments of abuse.

Edited by risingagain (06/04/11 11:10 AM)

#363937 - 06/09/11 11:31 PM Re: Sexual acting out [Re: risingagain]
jtafoya11 Offline

Loc: new mexico
when i first came out i was doing anything for sex and just felt like all the guys i was with loved me back. my acting out caused me to be raped by a supposed friend.i had 12 so call bf before i found the right person whom i am with now. we been together fior 6 yrs and i love him. i think you should try to be hasppy for your friend and let him have whom ever he wants to be with

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.