Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (BraveFalcon, don64, Ocellaris, caesar14, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63591 Topics
444242 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#363809 - 06/07/11 07:33 PM criticizing my fellow survivors (triggering)
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
Ah hell, I'm gonna have to get this off my chest sooner or later, I might as well do it now.

I was very disappointed by the thread I made a week or two ago, the one with the incoherent OP. I was disappointed by people individually, I was disappointed by MS as a group. I'll keep personal criticism where it's supposed to be, personal messaging, if I would feel the need to. I'm not trying to scrutinize people individually. I want to address the larger picture.

Because it saddens me, thinking about all the work we need to do. So much convincing that needs to be done before the world is as conscious about the pervasiveness of child abuse as it needs to be. So much open-mindedness we're asking from people. And so much more pain that has to be endured because of disbelief.

Yet, when I come and join a group of people who understand this absurd struggle better than anyone else, and I tell them I have experienced important therapeutic effects from administering certain drugs, I get rejected. I do not get the benefit of the doubt, I do not get critically questioned. I get treated like a lying drug addict, period. That I would not be here fighting at your side without these experiences, simply gets ignored, multiple times. Instead I must be masterminding a ploy to get everyone at MS shooting smack in their eyeballs.

I understand how sensitive of a topic this is. I understand about everyone here fights a fight to remain free from addictive behaviors. And if there are a few people who need to believe firmly that every drug is the absolute evil, then fine, throw a bible at my head. If it helps you in your personal struggle to keep your life together, then I'm willing to take a blow for that.

But if all I get is blows, mixed with painful silence, I get very pessimistic. If the message that not all drugs are devastating to all people all the time is too absurd for survivors to even consider, then the truth about child abuse will remain far, far too absurd to non-survivors for a long, long time to come.

Just my opinion. You should be the last people on the face of the planet to hurt other people with unconditional disbelief.

#363821 - 06/07/11 11:51 PM Re: criticizing my fellow survivors (triggering) [Re: well-intended]
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello,

I have no prior knowledge of your previous post, but I can tell you are not satisfied with the outcome. As for drug use in recovery, if you feel it is beneficial to your success then nobody can judge you.

I vowed to stay drug free in my life. It is a personal choice, much like your decision to use drugs. I think it is matter of choice and preference. I can see how this topic brought on some hefty negativity. It is a sensitive issue, and drugs have been frowned upon for many years. However, that does not make it right for anyone to judge anyone else who uses drugs. It's your business, and if you really feel it helps you, then so be it.

Heal well brother.

Cheers,

#363828 - 06/08/11 01:30 AM Re: criticizing my fellow survivors (triggering) [Re: well-intended]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi well intended
I suppose you answered your own question. Survivors, a lot of us are fighting addiction, one of the many things we struggle with. I did not read your original post, but my feeling is that, if you posted about a drug and got no response it was for this very reason. I'm glad that it helped you, and aided your recovery. One of the biggest trends in drug addiction these days is Pre>

#363919 - 06/09/11 01:33 PM Re: criticizing my fellow survivors (triggering) [Re: whome]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
Thanks, kind men. I feel like I can leave this issue behind me now.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.