Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jay1946, Obi, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442124 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#363772 - 06/07/11 10:27 AM I'm feeling drained
jls Offline

I'm feeling really drained lately. There's alot going on in my life that's taking alot out of me. Dealing with my abuse issues is certainly a big part of it but there's other stuff too. At work someone was killed, which I was a witness to. It was a violent death and I'm having a hard time with the memories of what happened. The mother of the victim has been using me as a support, which is fine since she certainly needs it, but this is draining too. Not her fault, but draining all the same. On top of all this I was punched in the face by a crack addict recently for which charges are pending. Apparently the accused is denying he did it, which is ridiculous since it was all caught on camera, but his denials means that I'll have to testify in court, which I don't look forward to. Anyways I just need a rest from all this, even from the abuse work for a while. Call it self preservation I guess. JS.

#363779 - 06/07/11 11:15 AM Re: I'm feeling drained [Re: jls]
Invictus65 Offline

I'm tired too. There is a limit to how much we can process. Be kind to yourself. You come first.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

-Henley

#363794 - 06/07/11 03:03 PM Re: I'm feeling drained [Re: jls]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi JLS
Don't forget to look out for number one "you" Your well being is the most important thing.

Heal well
Martin

#363879 - 06/08/11 07:27 PM Re: I'm feeling drained [Re: whome]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hey jls,

Giving support is quickly rewarding and draining at the same time.

You, as whome brings out, are paramount in recovery resources, you are the priority. Without a balance and solid you, there is nothing else positive for others from you.

Please see that your emotions are trying to tell you to refresh yourself. Meditate, become self aware, nature walks, make time for positive self affirmation for jls.

Please let us know how you are, you are being well thought of and supported,
Sam

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.