Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#363815 - 06/07/11 09:06 PM Overwhelmed struggling to cope. Major Triggers
Hereagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today is a bad day i can barely get off of the sofa to get anything done..

I work for a public school and my job has been reclassified from 12 months to 10 months so I'm about to be unemployed for the summer but because of backwards state laws where I live I don't qualify for unemployment. So i've been frantically trying to find a summer job so that I can pay rent for the next couple of months.

Last week my folks came to town for a few days. this was the most time I have spent with them since I have been out on my own. Them being here brought up some new memories from when I was a child and I've spent the last week feeling increasingly triggered and frustrated. I didnt realize how dysfunctional my relationship with them is until they came and stayed with me I've been a nervous wreck since the moment they got here and now I've had new memories surface from when I was child and it hurts so much!

Yesterday a pipe broke in my house and so my living room and my roommates bedroom is flooded. We had maintenance people come to fix it but they can't find the source of the leak so now my house is torn apart there are holes in my drywall, carpet is ripped up, the floor is soaking wet and my furniture, books and other belongings are all over the place.

I could handle any one of these things just fine but I'm being hit with one to many things right now. I'm really having a hard time coping right now I want to stand on a hill top and just shout fuck as loud as I can.

I've got to get it together though and quick so I can find a job otherwise I'm not going to have a roof over my head come next month.

I think I'm just venting I really don't know what to do right now.

#363822 - 06/07/11 11:58 PM Re: Overwhelmed struggling to cope. Major Triggers [Re: Hereagain]
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello,

That is a lot to process all at once. Especially considering you were triggered emotionally by the visit of your parents. Hang in there brother, things will turn for the better. Venting is a good thing, it helps us see alternatives we may have never seen had we not shared our thoughts.

I find it tremendously helpful. Even if there is nobody to read it, just getting thoughts down brings a sense of peace. Good on you for reaching out and posting the way you did. I hope that the universe will be kind to you the rest of the week. Stay strong friend, heal well,

Cheers,

Daniel

Edited by Letourski (06/07/11 11:59 PM)

#363830 - 06/08/11 01:39 AM Re: Overwhelmed struggling to cope. Major Triggers [Re: Hereagain]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Hereagain.
Seems we are playing posting ping pong. I felt bad the other day and now you feel bad.
I'm sorry you are going through so much, but its true that these experiences will make us stronger. Take some me time, find a quite place and meditate. Take a step back from the situation. Take the ball away from your face so you can see it for what it really is, a small tennis ball. Do your positive affirmations and seek guidance from your higher power, and an answer WILL come to you. If you don't ask you wont get. Picture the summer job you want, see the house repaired and focus on that picture, and the rest will resolve itself.

Happy healing
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.