Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (TJ jeff, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441294 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#362862 - 05/23/11 11:32 PM Re: What is the BEST THING we can do to protect kids? [Re: risingagain]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
To me, i feel that society as a whole, has to become more empathic ...todays society is so cold and uncaring... Everybody lives in a separate bubble. There's no sense of community, unless tragedy happens, and even then, it is short lived ...

Sorry if i sound jaded, i just feel humanity needs to change ...there's so much hate and pain in the world today...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#362867 - 05/24/11 01:34 AM Re: What is the BEST THING we can do to protect kids? [Re: Darkheart]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Darkheart, hmm... have you found a healing community ? What if we were to create communities that do 3 things:

1) protect children
2) heal and learn from survivors
3) face abusers, hold them accountable, and also help them rather than demonize them

The only devils in the world are the ones running around in our own hearts. That is where the battles must be fought.

~ Ghandi

#362868 - 05/24/11 02:11 AM Re: What is the BEST THING we can do to protect kids? [Re: risingagain]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
Hey risingagain...

Nope, except on here ...in 3D life, i live in a typical backwoods midwest community ...

I like your idea for community!!

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#363700 - 06/06/11 04:38 PM Re: What is the BEST THING we can do to protect kids? [Re: risingagain]
vachssfan Offline

Loc: TX
i think all of these things are great suggestions and ideas. some of them very very touching to me (wren & rick).
when i was working on my SW degree- one of the things i read a lot on where the incidents of youthful offenders- espcially teenagers. i truly believe you cannot get an adult sexual offender rehabilitated. i just don't. it's like trying to "rehabilitate" me from liking tattoos or loving to ride my bike in the fall. you can't do that to me because its what i LIKE to do.
but, most offenders start doing so in their teens, sometimes early teens. if there's any way to *stop* it, it has to be to intervene with them when they are young, at the first sign of it, before that behavior gets set into habit and then desire. even then i dont know if that would work but it'd be a damned good place to start.

i think raising awareness in general and then doing what we as individuals can in our own lives by *truly* present to the children around us is also the best thing we can do.

on the other hand- despite all the philosophy and theology i studied in undergrad. despite what i believe to be true about the nature of man and the inherent value of the human person and the truth and radical implications of what *free will* really means- i say shoot the motherfuckers. line em up, shoot em. you let one out, they are gonna do it again. and you have more people like us- so fucking hurt and ruined and broken and we ripple out into the lives of others. the societal cost is incalculable. so fuck 'em. shoot em. every last one. every one you take out is another kid who can sleep better at night.

two very diff takes. and while i KNOW there are moral and philosophical problems with my second train of thought- i can't escape the idea that if we were less of a *kinder* or more *advanced* society, there would already be bodies.

"They will hunt again.
With years to plan.
And sharpen their teeth.
To smile, and walk free.
But no one knows.
No one knows.
Free the wolf from his cage.
Watch him hunt.
Stalk his prey.
We let them go.
They will hunt again.
Prey on the simple.
Feast in the temple.
Free the wolf?
We must put him down.
We'll put him down again.
Our protectors hide and grin."
'How are the Weak Free' - Zao

"We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures of the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use. Do you dream much, Will? I think of you often. Your old friend, Hannibal Lecter" 'Red Dragon'- Thomas Harris

#363723 - 06/06/11 11:10 PM Re: What is the BEST THING we can do to protect kids? [Re: vachssfan]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
" WOW"! MI LIKE WHAT YU WROTE. THANK YOU!

#363765 - 06/07/11 09:58 AM Re: What is the BEST THING we can do to protect kids? [Re: Sterling]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
One thing that has been a crucial factor in accepting my own abuse, is a paradigm called "psychohistory". It takes what we have learned from the therapeutic, clinical setting, and applies this wisdom to history. The conclusion is that our history is drenched in child abuse. In fact, the history of childhood and the history of child abuse have been, until very recent times, virtually one and the same thing.

The point psychohistory tries to make, is so horrifying it becomes almost incredible. Yet, we need more people in the world able to stomach it, able to become conscious about exactly what kind of foe we're dealing with. The denial has to be stopped, the denial by mainstream history not excepted. Educate yourself, educate others, help the credibility of child abuse stories.

***THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS ARE HIGHLY TRIGGERING***

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.