Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#363455 - 06/02/11 10:43 AM Belgium child sex victims sue Holy See
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
This article from AFP details the first case in Europe of survivors suing the Vatican:

Quote:
GHENT, Belgium Dozens of victims of a child sex scandal in the Belgian Catholic church on Wednesday announced the launch of legal action against the Holy See, the first such suit in Europe.

Lawyers and victims said at a news conference a summons was on its way to Rome as well as to Belgian bishops to appear before a Belgian civil court for failing to stop sexual abuse by priests and church workers under their responsibility.

"The group of victims of sexual abuse in the church have summoned the Holy See, the Belgian bishops and superiors of religious orders and congregations in the Ghent Court of First Instance," they said.

A 40-page summons is being translated into Italian before being served on the Vatican.

The group of some 80 plaintiffs, which lawyers said was growing by the day, said it was the first time in Europe that legal proceedings had been initiated against the church authorities.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#363458 - 06/02/11 11:23 AM Re: Belgium child sex victims sue Holy See [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

#363467 - 06/02/11 01:50 PM Re: Belgium child sex victims sue Holy See [Re: pufferfish]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers,

From a boy who was saved by the Catholic church.

I also know that the place where I was safe. Was another fraternal brothers HELL.

It pains me every time that I see where they have always known about this plague, and never did anything about it.

I hope that finally all the victims no matter what country they are from, get the therapy & monetary compensation that they deserve.

For what's it's worth God will get the final judgement on this.

Heal well, my fraternal brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.