Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, Greg56, Rich1967, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63404 Topics
443305 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#363309 - 05/31/11 01:03 AM dealing with airport security
indygal Offline

first of all, I haven't posted here in a while so probably most of you don't know me - so a few words

the relationship that brought me here originally has long since become a potent memory and even a question I sometimes ask did it really happen was the revelation as bad as I recall? then all I have to do is come here and remind myself that yes, it was really that bad.

anyway, I'd really like some input on the pat downs and various groping I've heard about at airports by the TSA folks. if anyone's heard, Texas has been trying to outlaw the security searches altogether (at least as far as the way it is now making them for everyone even children) and have been stymied by politics at the state Senate level. Utah is right on their heels and other states are doing the same.

I was living overseas for some years and returned in 2009; haven't flown since but will need to soon and was interested in survivors' take on this. I do hope you all are letting your voices be heard at your representative's office about this.

*my apologies if this has already been covered.

indy

#363588 - 06/04/11 11:21 AM Re: dealing with airport security [Re: indygal]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
Indy
I heard a beautiful story recently of a guy who decided to wear a kilt to travel in while flying as he knew that he would go through some tight security.
When the time came for the 'obligatory' pat down, he informed the TSA guy that he was wearing his kilt in the traditional manner (with nothing on underneath) and that if the TSA guy touched his family jewels then he would consider it sexual assault, he would respond accordingly and would not be held accountable for his triggered reactions.
His story goes, that the TSA guy only got as far as the kilt wearers knees and backed off.
Since hearing that story I have flown twice (here in Australia) wearing a kilt (traditionally) and I have to say that I felt invincible. It was like I had on a suite of armour. I even got through the security check with my silver dagger shaped kilt pin in place.
I have since found that when I am feeling vulnerable, that if I put on one of my kilts, I am able to assume a different mental attitude that seems to be picked up by others and respected. Sure folk point, many smile, a few (the right few) avoid and the safe, fun people want to engage and have a brief conversation.

Just a thought, hope it helps

ADen

#363596 - 06/04/11 12:50 PM Re: dealing with airport security [Re: expom]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Hi Indy. I remember you. Its good to see you again.

As you may recall, I use to travel every week by air. I would regularly blow-up (like nuclear-grade 'blow-up') at the TSA peeps. I'd openly threaten them loud enough for fellow passengers to hear exactly what was going on. These incedents never, not once, escallated things to calling over the police et. al. Remember, the TSA has NO POWER OF ARREST. If you get loud and vicious, if you sence these people are mentally weak or stupid, you can intimdate them inot wetting themselves.

I hear that these days, the TSA gets even more inappropriate. THAT is a hill I'm willing to die on. That is, I'll put up a phisically restraining defense after advising them that I have PTSD fromm CSA. THAT is fair warning. If they don't heed fair warning, tis their problem. I know how to end the threat without hurting them too much. Thank God I don't fly any more.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#363627 - 06/05/11 12:23 AM Re: dealing with airport security [Re: Still]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Hi Indy - I remember you too

I used to go to business conventions a few years back quite regularly - always had to fly - only once ever had an issue with security (sadly it was a major issue that looking back on I should have pressed charges)

I do know that anymore I'd pass on the patdown and walk through the body scanner (somehow the scan just seems less personal to me because the person running the screen never sees your face and you never see theirs)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.