Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
7 registered (lostsoul824, Garf, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446776 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#363161 - 05/28/11 12:11 AM joplin tornado/thoughts
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
well guys, it's been almost a week and i've come to some thoughts on all of this...

almost all of you know about the tornado that ripped through joplin last sunday. also, many of you know how close moose, and i, were to being caught up in the middle of it too... close brush with death....

i had a t appointment this morning and i discussed a little about going back to where moose and i had dinner, minutes before the tornado came through and destroyed the establishment.. thinking that i might get some closure on it...

well, moose and i did go back there today. yes, it struck me really hard. it was so difficult to see all the damage. seeing pictures online, or on the news, just did not even come close to actually being there to see it in person...

yes, it hit me hard.... however, i did come to a thought on all of it.. i relate what happened in joplin to all of us survivors of sexual abuse....

as i was looking around today i remember what joplin was like. how great it seemed. i relate that to us before we were abused. how, life seemed to be so nice and pure. seemed real healthy.

then the tornado came along and raped the land. stripped it bare... left in it's path nothing but destruction and chaos... no rhyme or reason to it. just heartless and cold... all like our abusers.... how they left our lives in complete destruction and chaos....

however, i also saw today many crews out there helping to get things cleared up. get things going to start rebuilding. bring order back to the chaos. to begin anew... a new, better and stronger joplin... that is us going through recovery. with the help of others we are rising from the destruction anew, better and stronger... to begin our new life in the sun....

i'm not going to let it hold me down... i'm coming back better and stronger...

my story

my vlog

#363171 - 05/28/11 03:17 AM Re: joplin tornado/thoughts [Re: Obi]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

i'm sorry obi. glad you are ok

#363213 - 05/28/11 11:24 PM Re: joplin tornado/thoughts [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
ren42 Offline

Edited by ren42 (12/29/12 10:17 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.