Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (On The Fringe, peroperic2009, 3 invisible), 73 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#362176 - 05/14/11 11:24 AM Re: Why are we left to "walk" alone TTTTTTT [Re: reality2k4]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
i really believe we are not alone
we don't need to walk alone

but we have to face our courage
and sometimes people's indifference and ignorance

i told everyone at my job that i am an incest survivor
in a big email
i was so scared

but i received wonderful support. the president emailed me and said 'you have our full support. just tell us what you need.'

it does not need to be this way.
i understand how risky it is.
lets go.

#363080 - 05/27/11 02:29 AM Re: Why are we left to "walk" alone TTTTTTT [Re: une.vie.d.espoir]
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello Ste,

The way you arrange your words resonates within me. There are times when I feel like I walk alone in this. I am a rational person, but even the best sounding logic cannot assuage this feeling on some days.

Then there is MS. I cannot quite explain the feeling of being understood. That is the moment I realize I am not alone. I do see beauty in this world amidst all of the chaos. I have to believe it does get better, and sometimes time does make things a little easier. I do think the way we spend that time carries more weight than time by itself.

Speaking about the ab*se can be difficult to do. It's not like you can just bring it up in a casual conversation. I have wanted to talk about it many a times with friends, but couldn't bring myself to do it. That all changed today. I am a blogger and I openly aired my past with the web community. I won't let fear hold me back anymore. I feel good about my decision.

I must say, I really appreciate your words of wisdom. Thank you for your post.

Cheers,

Daniel

#363102 - 05/27/11 10:53 AM Re: Why are we left to "walk" alone TTTTTTT [Re: Letourski]
ren42 Offline

Edited by ren42 (12/29/12 10:18 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.