Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#363147 - 05/27/11 09:01 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Very cool, Rob! Have a GREAT time!!

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#363183 - 05/28/11 11:50 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Have and good time on your adventure! Maybe you can watch Man vs. Wild on YouTube to get some culinary ideas should your food run out.

Rusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#363210 - 05/28/11 09:57 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Rusty563]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Awesome Robbie. Real happy for ya. Here is hoping that Yogi and Boo Boo sit back and smile with you all weekend.

#363217 - 05/29/11 12:25 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: kb8715]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Day 1 of the 3

Simply ALIVE...I've not seen life in this view, in this light ever before.

Everything after the age of 7.5 was off-kilter in significant, material ways. Everything was seen through filters of life's unfortunate turn of events.

I almost felt fortunate...fortunate to have been chopped into pieces of meat, and forced to "dance" without legs. Fortunate to have seen and walked and swam in the deapths of black-tar hell and to emerge into this world tested, stregnthened and mollified by fire.

Today, and maybe for only today, for a while, I saw it all better than you can, Mr. Normal!

I've not hugged a day since I was a very small child.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#363231 - 05/29/11 11:16 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#363301 - 05/30/11 10:50 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Anthony39]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Day 2 of 3,

WOW!!!!! Wow! wow! woW!

I have learned so much about the lives of normal boys. My son brought along his good frnd (he has a LOT of 'good friends') to an amusement park trip I made with my two kids. We'll call him "Boy A." Like my son, Boy A is totally open, proud, fearless, BOLD and truly likes himself. Words cannot begin to describe the contrast I saw tween these two 12 year-olds and me at the same age. They did confirm what I always suspected to be true. The safe children, the safe boys lead a life free of the dreadful side-roads I was forced to travel. They enjoy frivolous play, mischievous plots and wild brain-damaged-like ideas of "what could be cool."

Smiles never (n e v e r) left their faces the entire day. We opened the park and closed it down at 10:00pm. On the ride home, they talked about the girls who looked at them, who talked to them and who fell victim to their humorous dialogue.

Boy A's dad is in Iraq and has been for a long time. He seemed to like what the day provided, though I've never seen him without a full smile on his face.

Anyway, MY words will never adequately describe the amazing discoveries I've made this past weekend. Itís interesting though that I never felt one ounce of sadness or remorse about what I might have missed, or "gee, I never had that," or "I wish...I wish."

I DO wish I could descibe the heart-felt discoveries. It was an amazing, huggable day.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#363302 - 05/31/11 12:00 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Day 2 of 3,

WOW!!!!! Wow! wow! woW!

I have learned so much about the lives of normal boys. My son brought along his good frnd (he has a LOT of 'good friends') to an amusement park trip I made with my two kids. We'll call him "Boy A." Like my son, Boy A is totally open, proud, fearless, BOLD and truly likes himself. Words cannot begin to describe the contrast I saw tween these two 12 year-olds and me at the same age. They did confirm what I always suspected to be true. The safe children, the safe boys lead a life free of the dreadful side-roads I was forced to travel.

You and me too, Robbie. I've suspected it to be true also. I have some grand children who aren't 12 yet. Maybe I'll get to see it also.
Quote:
They enjoy frivolous play, mischievous plots and wild brain-damaged-like ideas of "what could be cool."

What a wonderful sentence. That's totally neat and amazing.
Quote:

Smiles never (n e v e r) left their faces the entire day. We opened the park and closed it down at 10:00pm. On the ride home, they talked about the girls who looked at them, who talked to them and who fell victim to their humorous dialogue.

Boy A's dad is in Iraq and has been for a long time. He seemed to like what the day provided, though I've never seen him without a full smile on his face.

Astounding! Is that what childhood would be like!
Quote:

Anyway, MY words will never adequately describe the amazing discoveries I've made this past weekend. Itís interesting though that I never felt one ounce of sadness or remorse about what I might have missed, or "gee, I never had that," or "I wish...I wish."

I DO wish I could descibe the heart-felt discoveries. It was an amazing, huggable day.

Thank you Robbie for giving us the de>

#363358 - 05/31/11 05:58 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: pufferfish]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers,

Robbie, WOW, am I happy for you. You certainly deserve it.

You & Allen have said it all. As I have seen it. I have experienced it in the presence of my 2 grandsons.

I credit the following to you both.

The safe children. The safe boys, live a life free of the dreadful side roads, that we here were forced to take.

Thanks for posting this Robbie, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#363382 - 05/31/11 11:07 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: petercorbett]
Keeptrying Offline

So happy to hear about the great time you and the kids had together! That's how I felt about the true spirit of your struggles and passionate help for others in need - the part of you that has survived was reborn in your children. YOU've made it to happen that your kids enjoy a safe, healthy, and happy life while some of the "normal" people have failed their children so badly.

The little Robbie is fully alive in your son. Hope your new discovery will help you to find the true meaning of life. You don't need a mask to MAKE people like you. Your true friends are those who respect and admire and share what you value and what you do. The hypocrites? They can never understand nor care and are really irrelevant. Your disclosure has cost you SO much, but isn't it great that you can enjoy this wonderfully amazing weekend as your true self!

Look forward to more days like this in your future!

KT

#363415 - 06/01/11 12:12 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Keeptrying]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

We had to give up on Geo-Caching in the White Mountains as the insects were so dense that they would likely drain the kids of all their blood within minutes (they don't like the way I taste so they leave me alone).

We went to the beach on day 3.

It was a great day. My son brought his friend (Girl M) along with us. While the kids were in the water (ice water), I watched with the hyper-diligence that I have always used. For some reason, while watching girl M go a bit too far out for my liking, I envisioned grabbing a Lifeguard and telling him that "a 12 yo girl was in trouble and to follow me."

Then I told myself "but girl M is 13, not 12...but I feel I need to say a 12yo is in trouble." For the full afternoon I felt this girl was going to have issues in the ocean and I would need to get a lifeguard, fast and tell him she is 12. The feeling was heavy and sinking...and I've had it many times before. (if you don't know me, I claim to be very clairvoyant and have many examples of proof).

I knew something was bad and that I had to be very on-guard. We eventually left the sand and ocean and spent lots of Dad's money in the arcades and junk-food joints. As we were leaving, heading for the car...we saw the responders rushing and heard the sirens. A girl, who was grabbed by a rip-current, will forever be 12.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/31/12-year-old-girl-swept-away-off-hampton-beach/

Edited by Robbie Brown (06/01/11 12:15 PM)

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.