Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
4 registered (atari_kid86, learning2luvme, 2 invisible), 60 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438099 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#363096 - 05/27/11 10:24 AM Very Excited!
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I have the kiddos for the 3-day weekend. My son has discovered "Geo-Caching." For those of you who don't know it, its basically a treasure hunt for a hidden item (anywhere in the world) and you are given the lattitude and longitude of the item. You ususally use a GPS to find it, but there are some hard-core folks who take the trip au-naturale with only a map and compass. The item has a log-book or sheet that you sign and date. Because its a container, you look at the items inside and leave an item if you take an item...or you just leave it as is. It gets you out into the woods with a purpose and a quest destination.

We'll be in the White Mountains this weekend. If the black bears don't eat us and we don't end-up on Fox News as the "lost NH family," I should have a good report next week.

Still's Globs

New Video

#363101 - 05/27/11 10:52 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
Rob,
Good to hear--it is about time that you get to spend this quality time with your children. You have been through so much lately and it will be good for you "inner child" to get out and play!

#363105 - 05/27/11 11:09 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: ACRoberts]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Wow, that sounds like an awesome time with your kids! have fun & don't pet the bears

- Saint John of the Cross

#363108 - 05/27/11 11:16 AM Re: Very Excited! [Re: ACRoberts]
Keeptrying Offline

Really glad to hear that, so happy for you and the kids! Please share with us the fun and adventures you guys have. Can't wait to take my kids for a vacation after I get recovered.

KT smile

#363117 - 05/27/11 01:10 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Keeptrying]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks all!

I just went shopping for the bug spray, the sunscreen, the water, the Gatorade, the trail-mix, dry-sock change, back-up batteries for the GPS, und der 20-foot wasp spray for discouraging the Teddy-bears.

Now I just need to secure the medical stand-by staff, the evac chopper, the Native American guides, and the catering service.

Where do you buy a satellite phone?

Still's Globs

New Video

#363120 - 05/27/11 01:46 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
Keeptrying Offline

Don't want to sound a little bit discouraging, but is it a little bit late to look for a satellite phone now? Found one for you, http://www.thuraya.com/home. Hope you can get it in time.

KT

#363126 - 05/27/11 03:52 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Keeptrying]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm thinking the rescue helecopter will have good communications.

Still's Globs

New Video

#363128 - 05/27/11 04:02 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: Still]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Catering service?

That sounds like a great idea for one of those culinary-themed competition shows like Hell's Kitchen or Iron Chef, except they have to create a gourmet meal from stuff you find in the backwoods. Just don't eat any wild mushrooms

- Saint John of the Cross

#363130 - 05/27/11 04:15 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: CruxFidelis]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
Sounds sooo cool...my inner boy loves to go exploring in the woods!!!

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#363132 - 05/27/11 04:54 PM Re: Very Excited! [Re: CruxFidelis]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: CruxFidelis
Catering service?

That sounds like a great idea for one of those culinary-themed competition shows like Hell's Kitchen or Iron Chef, except they have to create a gourmet meal from stuff you find in the backwoods. Just don't eat any wild mushrooms

We can always go with Bear meat I guess.

OH...OH...I had to pick the kids up from skool and bring them to my formerly happy home now owned by el Madre so they could get their hiking stuff. They have a really cool dead porcupine out front on the street. When we got there, a live turkey was eating its guts! We resisted poking at with a stick, but its still gonna be a wicked cool weekend!

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.