Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#362621 - 05/20/11 05:46 PM Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) is a Survivor
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
From The Huffington Post:

Quote:
In excerpts from "Not Dead & Not For Sale," published in Spin, the Stone Temple Pilots grunge rocker details his struggle with heroin, his artistic compromises and, most harrowingly, the time he was raped at just 12 years old.

While growing up in Ohio, Weiland remembers a "big muscular guy, a high school senior... [who] rode the bus with me every day to school... invited me to his house. The dude raped me. It was quick, not pleasant. I was too scared to tell anyone. 'Tell anyone,' he warned, 'and you'll never have another friend in this school. I'll ruin your **ckin' reputation.' Adds Weiland, "This is a memory I suppressed until only a few years ago when, in rehab, it came flooding back. Therapy will do that to you."

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#362925 - 05/24/11 05:52 PM Re: Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) is a Survivor [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Tyler845 Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Always Knew I Liked Stone temple pilots for a reason..

Over-Ride Emotional Conflict With Rational Truths

You Are Freer Than You Think - Paul Berteaux

Come unto Me, all ye that Labor, and are Heavy-ladened. I will give you Rest -Jesus Christ

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.