Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#362376 - 05/17/11 12:51 AM Keeping myself
hopeandtry Offline

The only person I can control whether or not I lose
is myself.

I will be my own best friend.

Others may walk away.
Others may fade away.
Others may pass away.

But if I keep myself healthy
and remember who I am
I will always have myself...
and if I have myself
I can never truly be alone.
Because no one can take myself from me
without my permission.

#362447 - 05/17/11 10:02 PM Re: Keeping myself [Re: hopeandtry]
Lost Spark Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
hope4him,

beautifully said.. The hardest part is tearing yourself away. I'm going through it as we speak. Still love him, but it's not enough. Never will be. And oh wait, shouldn't I be taking care of myself?! My T tells me this, weekly. I'm stubborn and trying to learn to love myself, first and foremost. If you can't love yourself, then, how can you possibly love others?

A great piece of advice was given to me this weekend by a wise girlfriend.. Her father is engaged to a wonderful woman who sadly, is dealing with Alcoholism. She has been on and off the wagon for years. He finally stepped up and said, you need help...

The words: "I want a Partner, Not a Patient."

She is in Rehab as we speak, 'healing' for her next Chapter in life, with him..

Completely floored me...

Stay strong love.

Lost Spark

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life." - John Lennon

#362448 - 05/17/11 10:10 PM Re: Keeping myself [Re: Lost Spark]
hopeandtry Offline

Thank you, Lost Spark. I'm glad to see you are still around as I know you are going through a very hard time. We need to chat sometime.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.