Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (sugarbaby, Still, BraveFalcon, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447601 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#361448 - 05/04/11 05:17 PM Glimmer of hope
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I mentioned a csa public service announcement on the side of a bus a few months ago. I still see that add every morning on my commute and it gives me a glimmer of hope every morning. Right on the side in big huge letters, "Break the silence NOW."

Although today I heard a radio csa announcement on an oldies radio station (grateful dead type stuff) that at first sent shivers down my spine, but after thinking about it I'm really glad that the message is getting out there. So hopefully people are listening.

Here's the link it's like 1/3 down the page. I think it is very well done.
http://www.childrenscove.org/index.php

#361457 - 05/04/11 11:03 PM Re: Glimmer of hope [Re: Riley]
Napoleon Offline

Loc: Utah
Some good info there.

#361531 - 05/06/11 12:17 AM Re: Glimmer of hope [Re: Napoleon]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I'm kinda glad that someone or group is speaking out for those that haven't spoken up yet or are .... next in.......sorry, the next generation.

I have seen nor heard anything like that toward all childhood victims childhood CSA, around NYC.

I have only seen "stop domestic violence" ads on the subway.

#361534 - 05/06/11 12:40 AM Re: Glimmer of hope [Re: Logan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This is good. I think it was on ABC's 20/20 several years ago that they estimated that 50% of children in that area (NY City) get some form of csa (child sexual abuse).

In my area they are still in the stone age about it. By that I mean that the news media and churches tend to "stone wall it" about abuse. News media will mention it once briefly when a perp gets apprehended and then they tend to not bring it up again unless a particularly dreadful case.

I have seen what appear to be a couple of instances of suspected csa. I talk it over with my T. Even he tends to think that I'm just projecting my own emotions into the situation. It's as though I'm a sentimental idiot!! mad

Allen

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.