Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63363 Topics
443069 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#361320 - 05/03/11 06:30 AM Military Rapes
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois

#361322 - 05/03/11 07:45 AM Re: Military Rapes [Re: Darkheart]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Darkheart,

Thanks for posting this - do not get to see actual discussion on this subject. Kind of odd, but also good, to see men talking about this as opposed to a magazine article or book excerpt. There is no defense of these crimes - time for the military to realize that they are subject to laws and the will of the American people. The rapists are not heroes like the rest of those who serve. Nor are the ones who protect criminals and ignore the rights and pleas of male victims. There is no excuse for any of them.

Daryl

#361323 - 05/03/11 07:49 AM Re: Military Rapes [Re: Darkheart]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Thanks for posting this. I'm glad to see, from some, the issue of adult male on male rape being brought to the forfront.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#361331 - 05/03/11 09:23 AM Re: Military Rapes [Re: earlybird]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
I especially noticed what they said about this sort of behavior being a form of bullying.

It seems to me that bullying is what this all comes down to. I really don't see a difference between a group of boys huddled around a bully and a victim on a playground, as opposed to a group of men huddled around a bully and a victim in a prison shower or military barracks...except perhaps for sexual abuse being added to the verbal, emotional, and physical abuse taking place.

The victim is outnumbered (bullies are such fucking cowards - they rarely attack someone without backup); the rest of the onlookers either watch with enjoyment or else fear the consequences of defending the victim; and the victim cannot report the bullying, because he'll be told (by a teacher, commanding officer, or whomever), that he DESERVED it because he isn't like the others, or he needs to "toughen up", etc.

Is it in the nature of a group of males to bully someone? I've never understood this concept.

The worst part for me is that we all seem to "know" - from watching movies, or whatever - that these acts of bullying and rape occur in the military, and jails, etc., but it doesn't seem to get any better. I hope I'm wrong.

I apologize for my use of language earlier. Having been bullied harshly through many years of school, I suppose it's something of an issue for me.

Thank you for bringing up this topic. It deserves attention.

Bobcat

#361412 - 05/03/11 11:50 PM Re: Military Rapes [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I experienced abuse when I was 13 by a guy who became a navy person a few years later. I have never written this up (yet) for MS. I had too much to deal with. It would be pufferfish story part 6, I guess.

I posted his picture in the members section.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=261453#Post261453

My abuser when I was 12 was a military man (army). Shown in the above link but in US Army uniform.

Allen

Edited by pufferfish (05/04/11 12:35 AM)

#361424 - 05/04/11 07:19 AM Re: Military Rapes [Re: pufferfish]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Possibly triggering ...

Thanks for the replies guys...glad this is provoking some thought and hopefully some healing ...??

For me, looking back, it was group mentality in the beginning i think...a sort of hazing gone wrong...the whole alpha pack versus the new member ...

I still remember going to the hospital and getting treated ...and hearing the doctor make comments about the "fresh meat" and the psychiatrist who listened to my story and then told my commander he had my "lies on tape."

Like the video said, one cannot just quit the military or start a new job, or move away...it's an endless cycle ...Uugh i hurt so bad for the guys that are going through this today ...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#361428 - 05/04/11 07:51 AM Re: Military Rapes [Re: Darkheart]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Darkheart,

The doctor and psychiatrist were not worthy of the titles they carried and were just as guilty as those who assaulted you. -That just makes me ill to think about so-called professionals saying demeaning statements like that. So wrong to have done that to you.

I hope for a safer military some day for the young men that are there now.

Daryl

#361430 - 05/04/11 07:59 AM Re: Military Rapes [Re: prisonerID]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know bro, but military indoctrination goes deep...even to the medical field...lots and lots of horrible stories out there...

I hope for a safer environment too ...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#363694 - 06/06/11 01:07 PM Re: Military Rapes [Re: Darkheart]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
As an MST survivor, I just wanted to update this and let people know that the lawsuit has been filed. Hopefully, the judge won't dismiss it too soon.

Does MS plan to put out a press release offering the organization's support for these male MST survivors that are coming forward to challenge the military?

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#363719 - 06/06/11 10:15 PM Re: Military Rapes [Re: LN3(SS)]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Brian, for my own education, what does the acronym "MST" mean?

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.