Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (Jwmcd2), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36118 - 06/01/03 05:06 PM does this happen to anybody else?
sonlite Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I was playing basketball today w some guys from my church and in between games I had to take a whiz. So I went into the men's room and went to an open urinal and was about to start peeing when in comes one of the other guys from basketball. And here's my problem ... I just CANNOT, WILL NOT be able to whiz if I am standing at an open urinal and someone else in the bathroom. I get all tense, my breathing changes, I zone out. The other guy of course doesn't know my anxiety and tries to make a comment about our basketball games, but I am too frozen to even speak. So I stood there in hell until he left and then 2 minutes later after my body calmed down again, I was able to go. This has happened to me my whole life ... times when I am about to burst my bladder but then my body shuts down as soon as I perceive someone else's presence. Its embarassing. Does this sound familiar to anyone or am I just over-sensitive?

sonlite

#36119 - 06/01/03 06:05 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
Marc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Sonlite,

Commonly this happens to me. I hate it when I can't pee and that makes it even worse because I ususally have to really go when I get in there anyway. People call this being 'Pee shy' though there is actually a medical term for this and a Web site . I love the web! \:D It's a lot more common than you or I ever thought. I have gotten used to it and sometimes now, if I distract myself from the act of having to pee when someone else is in the room I can go. I think about all sorts of inane stuff... what am I gonna do later that day, should I get the oil changed in my bike, whatever. lol

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I just find an empty stall.

This seems like the least of our problems anyhow. I just don't even view it as an issue anymore. \:D

#36120 - 06/01/03 06:12 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
rax Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Newark, CA
Hi Sonlite,

The exact same thing used to happen to me as well. If there was someone at the urinal, I used to go to the stalls/rooms. Even in there, I used to flush, and pee during the flush, so that nobody heard the sound of me peeing.

I think it was just self conscious embarassment. I realized that I needed to get over that fear, so now, I take it head-on. I will stand at the urinal till hell freezes over, but I will not run into the stalls! As of now, Im overcoming my fear, and Im pretty comfortable at the urinal, although, I still cannot talk and pee at the same time.

A friend of mine, who was not abused at childhood (If he was, he didnt tell me), said to me that he is pee-shy too. So, I guess it may not be caused by the abuse, but may just be self consciousness, (slightly heightened by the abuse).

#36121 - 06/01/03 06:22 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
Marc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tucson, AZ
You'll love this...

Just found this joke from someone with paruresis:

I decided to stop at a comfort station. The first toilet stall was occupied, so I went into the second one.

I was no sooner seated than I heard a voice from the next stall: "Hi, how are you doing?"

Well, I am not the type to chat with strangers in highway comfort stations, and I really don't know quite what possessed me, but anyway, I answered, a little embarrassed: "Not bad."

The stranger said: "And, what are you up to?"

Talk about your dumb questions! I was really beginning to think this was too weird! So I said: "Well, just like you I am driving east."

Then, I heard the stranger, all upset, say: "Look, I'll call you right back. There's some idiot in the next stall answering every question I ask you."

Now let's all go pee! \:D

#36122 - 06/01/03 07:07 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Sonlite - I guess many people I know have the "Pee Shy" issue [I refuse to call it a problem]. I had that issue for years. Tell you what I do now. When I enter the restroom, if there are privacy shields between the urinals :rolleyes: , I try the urinals. If there are no privacy shields or everyone goes in a trough (etc.), I always go to a stall so I don't even have to play the game with myself. It just takes being honest with yourself about which place works for you. I usually try to think ahead so I don't waste hours waiting for guys to leave urinals!

VERY FUNNY JOKE!!! \:D I guess I shouldn't take my cell phone next time?

Howard

#36123 - 06/01/03 11:16 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
sonlite Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for responding guys. Its good to know that I am not the only one. And its good to know that it might not even be associated w s/abuse.

Marc, good joke. And I guess you can find a website for ANYTHING.

sonlite

#36124 - 06/01/03 11:20 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
A lot of people have this, even ones who haven't been abused... it's common.

However I can't pee in a public bathroom at ALL, no matter how badly I need to go. I can't even use the stall. If I have to go very badly I end up going outside, it seems odd that I can go fine outside but not in a bathroom?

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#36125 - 06/01/03 11:32 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pee-shy, they actually have a name for it?

Marc, your joke had me on the floor--soooooooooo funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny.

And, talking at the same time? I've got it the other way......."Some one say something, please!"

I'll head for a stall any time I can.......if you're taking a poll.

David

P. S. Hey, maybe we could meet, you know, do the group thing.

"Hey, honey, where you going?"

"You know my Pee Group meets tonight."

OK, guys, on the count of three. One..Two..Pee.

#36126 - 06/02/03 03:33 AM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Hi Sonlite

Me TOO! I've got the same delema.

I remember one one the most painful (definitly not the most!) expriences was in Disiplinarly Boot Camp-no i was not mandated by the courts or ever did anything the warranted me being sent there. Basically, not to get to far off topic, i was falsely acused of stealing some girls medication and was being transported out of the fiel via pickup truck to be drug tested and was being forced to drink 5 liters of water while tied up. I tried as hard as i could just to go in my pants but was unsuccesful. I pleaded and cried to them to let me go in a receptecal, and finaly they agreed, and they untied me and gave me a 20oz coke bottle.

There i was, standing in a pasture, 5 feet away from the truck, in between the desert and civilization and with tears srteaming down my face, completely unable to go.
When we finally arrived at the hospital 2and a half hours later and i was in so much pain that i was in a fetal position. My bladder was so swollen that it looked like i was pregnant.
Then they had one of the boot camp staff followed me into the bathroom and insisted he watch me go-which was hell followed by extacy.

Sorry about the length of this post. I did not expect it to be this long.

One thing that i found out through self discovery that really helps me is- it may sound gross- if i squeez my thing with my thumb and pointer fingers. I don't no wy that works but it does for me.

hope this helps
Logan

-Blade Runner

#36127 - 06/02/03 02:00 PM Re: does this happen to anybody else?
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
You got it David:

1-2-3...

Yeah I still have some problems with this too.

Not with peeing just with peeing in public.

But I actually start trying to cover up & make noises with something I have more trouble with in a public bathroom:

Butt as they say when you gotta go you gotta go...

victor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.