Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#366759 - 07/27/11 07:16 PM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: risingagain]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sacramento
I always thought it was just me! No male friend. I have many female friends, all of them are my wives. Looking at this deeper, they are hers, I have no friends, male or female! I'm just will go ahead and shoot myself. Kiddin!
My wife has pushed me to get back in touch with my old childhood and college friends. Great! They live 2,200 miles away, don't have computers, or even smart phones! I them, and sound like 'Kathy chatty' while they are figuring a way to gracfully got off the phone. So I write, snail mail, my letters get too long, they never respond back; that leads me back to Ellen's friends that I use. I collect vehicles, so she said to join a club. Anyway . . . it is a dilema!
It didn't improve when I told everyone was raped for years by a man. I thought it is best people understand 'the me that nobody knows.' Ya! They don;t want to know me now, even my friends I had for many years. Now, I might as well join a Nursing Home. Without Ellen, I would be talking to myself!

'Dirty 'lil Boy','cause I allowed him to bang on me anywhere, anytime."Bend over you Dirty Boy;we know you can take it!"

#366760 - 07/27/11 07:23 PM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: risingagain]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sacramento
I always thought it was just me! No male friend. I have many female friends, all of them are my wives. Looking at this deeper, they are hers, I have no friends, male or female! I'm just will go ahead and shoot myself. Kiddin!
My wife has pushed me to get back in touch with my old childhood and college friends. Great! They live 2,200 miles away, don't have computers, or even smart phones! I them, and sound like 'Kathy chatty' while they are figuring a way to gracfully got off the phone. So I write, snail mail, my letters get too long, they never respond back; that leads me back to Ellen's friends that I use. I collect vehicles, so she said to join a club. Anyway . . . it is a dilema!

'Dirty 'lil Boy','cause I allowed him to bang on me anywhere, anytime."Bend over you Dirty Boy;we know you can take it!"

#366775 - 07/27/11 09:43 PM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: Lo Don]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Male friends.., any close friends that are non abused are a struggle that I was never able to master...

In fact, I found my one close male friend in a guy I met when I was 40 years old! He was married with children, 50's and he and I are closer than paint and primer. He taught me I could have friends, they would be forgiving, and I could learn how to be a friend.

He does not really know about the abuse I suffered and survived, but he is knows what I need him to know, and that is good enough for us both.

First, recover, then, seek recovering survivors as friends, finally, balance and recovery will provide the answers you are currently seeking.

Nice to have you here, Lo Don.., oh and collecting cars... that was my coping mechanism of choice.., I had over 300 cars. I actually have had closer to 400, but no one believes me when I tell them... but I have the list.

Hee hee,

Sam

#366866 - 07/29/11 12:38 AM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: JustSurviving]
Sailboat92 Offline

Loc: Ct
Gnuff- that's me too. How brave to tell

#366867 - 07/29/11 12:43 AM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: kb8715]
Sailboat92 Offline

I'm still struggling finding one person who will stay in touch, so I can just unleash all that I feel, is that a friend or a therapist.I'm just so lonely, and crisis Down the next 45 years, I would so like to day, yes, he was my friend, but I have isolated myself to a point that I don't know what I enjoy, what gets my engines going, and all I feel is alone, desperate for a connection, and sickened by the overall desperation of this message..

#366869 - 07/29/11 12:50 AM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Sailboat92 Offline

Hey John,
Any success on the friends piece.
Me none at all, and after re reading your response to me, I wanted to reach out and say hi, and I don't know what protocol is, buf get to know each other..god that sounds so freaking ridiculed..ugh
Anyway, still trying, would love to talk, whatever?

#366891 - 07/29/11 08:18 AM Re: Do you have close male friends? [Re: SamV]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Gnuff,

I am lucky to have good online male friends that I consider brothers. Among many others are Obi, Looking2Heal, Anomalous, Anthony39, PeterCorbett, CruxFidelis, Earlybird...I could name several others, and some that I wish I knew better. Those men and these I have named are very good empathetic listeners.

I also have one brother in my personal life, my roommate Gary. He is a survivor, and he is terrific. Helped me so much. I am really lucky to know him, as I am lucky to know so many men here.

I guess my point is that this is a great place to meet good, potential friends/brothers. Look for those you connect with. Talk to them. I really hope one of them connects with you, too.

Bobcat

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.