Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#360728 - 04/25/11 02:59 PM Started Abilify 2 weeks ago
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I already take 40mg celexa. After a few visits with a psychiatrist I was prescribed 5mg abilify to augment it. It seems I may be slightly bipolar along with CPTSD.

It has been a little more than two weeks, and so far I like what it is doing. I can take naps and still sleep at night. Instead of getting up at 3AM and not being able to sleep anymore, I get up for about 15 minutes and then I'm sleepy again.

FYI anyone taking these meds that cause significant weight gain, so far it appears that strong homebrewed cinnamon tea is VERY effective at counteracting the problem. Apparently it dramatically increases insulin sensitivity, causing increased energy, decreased insulin output and greatly decreased cravings.

Feedback please!!

Craig

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#360744 - 04/25/11 07:21 PM Re: Started Abilify 2 weeks ago [Re: cbfull]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
I take a cocktail of meds. I'll list it just cuz everyone needs a good hard laugh:

Effexor
Abilify
Depakote
Aplenzin

and just to put the proverbial cherry on top...a fist-full of Klonopin so I can tollerate the Abilify and have some chance of good terrifying nightmares combined with short incremented sleep.

Edit:
Toperal too cuz of the High BP and Cardiac PVCs caused by all of the above.

So...its like that. Ain't I a catch??

Edited by Robbie Brown (04/25/11 07:28 PM)

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#360771 - 04/26/11 08:58 AM Re: Started Abilify 2 weeks ago [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
WOW...I can kill a topic like Buzz Killington

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#360857 - 04/27/11 08:28 AM Re: Started Abilify 2 weeks ago [Re: Still]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
You didn't kill it!! Lol. I am in the process of learning to cope without klonopin. They were causing me to drink ridiculous amounts of liquor while in a blackout. I would remember the first 2 drinks but then imagine my shock a couple days later seeing the liquor cabinet had been ravaged.

Just to be safe I'm going to have an asessment of whether or not I need alcohol rehab. What can it hurt? I haven't drank much of anything since I quit the klonopin a month ago. I had a glass of wine with dinner a couple weeks ago and a few beers with a friend watching a hockey game. The beers gave me a hangover!!

Imagine going from being able to drink a bottle of liquor in a day, to 4 beers and almost tossing your cookies! It seems the klonopin would disable my ability to recognize when enough is enough. Its almost like my liver turned into an alcohol metabolizing machine. There's nothing like a big fat hangover to keep your drinking in check.

I was also prescribed hydroxyzine for anxiety. Its non-addictive taken as needed, and I didn't have much faith in its ability to quell anxiety, but it really does work! I have been getting anxiety attacks mid to late afternoon so I would take 2 (50mg each) when I got home and within a half an hour I feel much clearer and more calm.

Sidebar: I am in the second week of the cinnamon tea experiment and my cravings are still in check. Its actually pretty dramatic.

Edited by cbfull (04/27/11 09:56 AM)

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.