Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (pufferfish, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#358952 - 04/08/11 01:01 AM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Katarack21 Offline

All of those. Except for flashbacks, and the sex ones. Instead of acting out sexually, I am damn near asexual.

#358953 - 04/08/11 01:05 AM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
AverageMan Offline

Sure 5 / 9. What does it mean?

#359065 - 04/08/11 11:15 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: DarkHadou]
mh6893 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Yes, pretty much every one!

Jack

My profile photo is me around the time of my experience.

#359198 - 04/09/11 11:26 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Daniel_forgotten
what about losing time

"Losing time" is considered one of the chief diagnostic criteria for DID (Multiple Personality Disorder). This means that a person shifts to a different personality or alter (alternate personality) and acts for a time in that other personality. Because he has amnesia or a memory block between these personalities, he can't remember where he was or what he did when he returns to the main or outer personality. An example would be if he has a child personality (they remain as children often) and the child personality goes out and buys toys or something. Then when the other guy wakes up in the morning he finds all these toys and he doesn't know where they came from.

A person can have DID in which he doesn't lose time. In other words he doesn't have a memory block between the alters or personalities. Or at least it's only a partial or incomplete memory block. It is called officially DIDNOS when this happens. It seems like most of the guys in MS who have DID, have this form of it.

My DID was not diagnosed until my structure had started to crumble. What that means is that DID usually has an organization, like a house or a castle or something. It is all constructed by the little boy when he is abused, and then it is added on to through the years if he gets abused more.

The case of my DID crumbling was good and bad. I had remembered the horrific abuse at 12 and other abuse at 10. That means that the amnesia barriers were coming down by themselves. However, remembering the abuse alone and all by myself was very traumatic and caused a resulting PTSD. I went on to get both conditions treated, and now I'm definitely seeing the 'light at the end of the tunnel'.

Allen

#359205 - 04/09/11 11:49 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: pufferfish]
DarkHadou Offline

females are more likely to have DID, I believe it's 9:1

#359319 - 04/11/11 12:33 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: jurek]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
hey Jurek, i'm sorry i didn't catch your response until now.
i wish there was an easy way to track responses to threads. i respond to so many!

anyway, solo backpacking for 5 days, that's amazing. where did you go?

#359354 - 04/11/11 07:34 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I'm currently taking Karate, as for the flashbacks the only thing I flash on is my wifes affair, it was the trigger that brought me into reality regarding the CSA. I don't flash on the CSA, he is dead and that seemed to put an end to his reign over my life. Depression, anxiety, all unknown to me (denial) but when I started looking deeper into my life, the history of my life I have had all the symptoms you have listed except for having affairs, not much into that, hate it to be honest. Mountain climbing in Korea, mountain bike riding, cliff diving, white water rafting, Kayaking the Nantahala and Ocoee with only one or two lessons in a lake, wakeboarding drunk, motorcycle riding (not just riding, crazy stuff, drinking and riding, pulling the front wheel off in sixth gear with a power band waiting to kick in at any time.) Played football, currently still lifting and totally concerned with my muscularity. Steroids (prescribed) but not needed. So in retrospect I have never really looked at how reckless I have been in my life, I just thought it was what guys did. Just had another thought, I rode my jetski at midnight drunk, wide open. I live on a lake so it was easy to get away with but man how crazy is that?

Thanks for the post, I learned a heap.

John O

Edited by John Oarc (04/11/11 07:39 PM)

#360248 - 04/19/11 09:53 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
vachssfan Offline

Loc: TX
every single one except social anxiety. every day. since i hit puberty and the testosterone turned my depression into rage.

#360391 - 04/21/11 05:26 PM Re: Men, Abuse, And Dissociative Disorders [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
atari_kid86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Some, but not all of those apply to me.

I don't act out sexually. In fact, I have next to no sex, which I'm cool with.

I have made conscious efforts to avoid substances. Although for a short time I was on the verge of alcoholism.

Instead of anger, I simply become reclusive. I can't stand conflict.

Finally, I'm certainly not violent, but do participate in endurance sports (cycling, mt. biking, running). I translate that to subconsciously punishing myself, or simply feeling the need to prove myself.

Pretty much everything else on the list I have experienced to some level in my life. They come and go in waves, I suppose.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.