Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
6 registered (pufferfish, atari_kid86, JayBro, 3 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#452892 - 11/08/13 11:18 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
appreciate the sentiment, rich.

it's been a while since i've done any vlog topics...

maybe i ought to do more.... idk....

my story

my vlog

#452906 - 11/08/13 11:45 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
yes!

Still's Globs

New Video

#453256 - 11/11/13 04:22 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

NEW VIDEO!!! NEW VIDEO!!!!

this is one of my many ways of sticking it to society....

enjoy...

my story

my vlog

#453282 - 11/11/13 10:21 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well said!

Imagine telling a returning War Vet to "get over" his missing leg and burned face. You would be and should be publicly shredded.

I notice that nearly every occasion of advice given to survivors to "GOI" is in privacy. Sometimes you'll get the moron-on-the-street interview for TV news that tells us to GOI. She feels safety with the gap provided by the camera.

Its time to challenge the morons. Ask them what they think that means..."what does that mean to you?" "What does GOI look like to you Mr Moron...does it mean you'll never have to hear about it again or that I embrace all pedophiles as OK?"

Still's Globs

New Video

#453334 - 11/12/13 10:04 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

exactly!

that's why the tables need to be turned....

it's time that we step up and tell them to "get over it"...

time to tell them to get over being ignorant and LEARN about what's going on.

time to tell them to get over keeping their heads buried in the sand hoping that it will go away, when it doesn't.

time to tell them to get over it...

when someone tells you to get over your issues with being abused, turn it around and tell them to get over it...

my story

my vlog

#453609 - 11/14/13 09:12 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Dearest sister, father, mother, whomever is telling me to 'get over it;' you must realize what you just said to me.

You just verbalized a belief inside your mind. A belief that says "I don't consider your pain or current 'issues' to be valid or significant.

You are also saying child rape is OK with you, because when an individual or a social segment of civilization tells the victim to 'just get over it,' they are actually saying 'shut up please,' or 'we no longer think its all that significant.' You might have had an argument 'back then,' but not any longer.'"

But ideas of what individuals and society thinks of us must be born from those who think they are specially charged with this blessing of power. Changes to public policy don't come from us.

Still's Globs

New Video

#453611 - 11/14/13 10:15 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Still]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Still
"Dearest sister, father, mother, whomever is telling me to 'get over it;' you must realize what you just said to me.

You just verbalized a belief inside your mind. A belief that says "I don't consider your pain or current 'issues' to be valid or significant.

You are also saying child rape is OK with you, because when an individual or a social segment of civilization tells the victim to 'just get over it,' they are actually saying 'shut up please,' or 'we no longer think its all that significant.' You might have had an argument 'back then,' but not any longer.'"

But ideas of what individuals and society thinks of us must be born from those who think they are specially charged with this blessing of power. Changes to public policy don't come from us.

HEY Still
I agree with your position on that.
I have certainly been in your position a lot.
I still am in that position with family and friends.
I understand.
It's as though we were survivors of a secret war
Our "emotional" legs and arms have been blown off.
And we are accosted with remarks: 'Why Don't you get off your butt and function as though you have arms and legs?'

Puffer

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.