Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#361749 - 05/09/11 10:50 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Rusty563]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
thanks for the comments everyone.... they are all greatly appreciated...

makes me feel like i'm doing the right thing by posting these vids....

i'm sure there will be more coming.... just waiting for when an idea strikes me to talk about....

of course, if there are ideas, suggestions of topics that you guys would like to be discussed feel free to mention them or pm me with the thoughts...

my story

my vlog

#362035 - 05/12/11 02:42 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
I like how you make these issues real to the world, Obi. Seeing you on video makes you so unbelievably real. It's helpful seeing a real person talk about his issues, and his repressed memories.

Yesterday I told two people, a doctor and a therapist, about my own memories I have not been recalling most of my life. And it's hurtful to bump into disbelief, to feel like having to disprove insanity. And then there is you, with your - I'll say it again a few times - real emotions, real presence, and real reaction to the horrible events you have had the misfortune to experience.

Don't you dare believe that you're not doing an obviously good thing posting these videos here! smile

#362046 - 05/12/11 06:37 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Rusty563]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I finally watch No.6. I could never get past the trigger warning before. I'm too shaken to say much more than I hate human nature...the dark side of human nature. Anyone who releases it upon a child because he is too fkg self-centered to bother to think of the child...deserves to die. There IS NO EXCUSE!!!!

(((((Obi))))) You did well sir!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#362114 - 05/13/11 02:37 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks guys for all your support...

wow! robbie!!! proud that you were able to get through vid #6... yes , it was a tough one...

BUT, i'm going to be posting #8 here in a minute.... and i do have to say it's a very good one! i'm proud of myself for this next one too...

my story

my vlog

#362117 - 05/13/11 02:51 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

here it is fellas... #8 titled "it does get better".. paying homage and respect to keith for his thread by showing how things do get better by using examples of what i've recently went through....

i'm very proud of this one too and i hope that this one becomes truly inspiring for everyone out there!!!!

i'll put out the trigger warning just in case but i do have to say that this one is really upbeat and positive!!! smile

my story

my vlog

#362122 - 05/13/11 04:26 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
well-intended Offline

I can't imagine yet how I would ever be able to mingle with the female species. Thanks for sharing your hope with us.

The eyes thing I get as well, especially in short interactions with strangers.

I like the innocence part. The child within basically gets stunted. He only dies if you let him. If you don't let him die, he stays alive and kicking, willing to play games and whatnot! smile

#363053 - 05/26/11 08:06 PM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

part 9, i believe.... need help with this one guys, please.... need any feedback i can get. thanks...

trigger warning...

my story

my vlog

#363527 - 06/03/11 08:48 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Obi]
well-intended Offline

Ah yes, the phenomenon of that sense of purpose suddenly revealing itself within the stream of reality, the stream otherwise so neatly mapped and broken down into logical chains of causality. Personally I have wrestled with it through philosophy. I'm not sure whether I can help you, whether you're a book kind of person able to benefit from walls of text I could write on the subject.

All I will say, it's supposed to be confusing. Literary tradition is filled with all kinds of answers to that basic, important question you're asking yourself. Political battles are being fought over it, and death has been inflicted on human beings by human beings as a result of the inability to reconcile differences. People generally just don't seem to be able to enjoy this enigma as just one of the beautiful, mysterious mind games life has to offer.

Obi, even though your request for feedback is very clear and understandable, it is very hard to give you the feedback you want. I would have to know a whole lot more about you, aspects of your inner life that go even deeper than the main topic we're here to discuss. And that's.. pretty deep.

I believe, however, that mentally toying with the paradoxes of life will enrich you as a human being. So while I can't answer, I'm very glad you're asking! smile

#363637 - 06/05/11 08:09 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: well-intended]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Todd,

Your's is a hard question to answer. So many "what ifs." What if you and Moose had stayed a few minutes longer at the restuarant? What if your girlfriend hadn't stopped for a drink? The answers are obvious: you would have incurred injury and possibly death.

Whether you consider it luck or providence, you escaped the disaster in Joplin, and all of you lived to see another day. Now you know more than most of us how precious life is.

Take care,

Rusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#363767 - 06/07/11 10:10 AM Re: my recovery video blog [Re: Rusty563]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks guys....

it's been a sobering process, that's for sure....

they say that in times like these, where there is great tragedy, that you'll see the best in people come out and you'll also see the worst in people come out...

i've seen/heard both... i've heard tales of people coming from many states away just to loot/take advantage of people... shocking what you hear on the local news of people being arrested for things of this nature....

buuuuuut, i've also seen/heard tales of true heroism and compassion... makes me believe that there is still good in a lot of people...

i can remember my teens, and early 20's, where i was going through an extreme anger stage. not realizing it was an affect from the abuse. however, i was so angry and cold... didn't care if anyone, including myself, lived or died....

grant it, i've long since been out of that phase of anger but there is still that issue of trust of other people... after what happened in joplin, and the community spirit of coming together to help one another, i've come to realize that there truly is hope... that, while my faith in people isn't fully there yet, it's taken a huge step forward... and for me has helped me to take steps forward in my own recovery of trust....

interesting how an event with so much tragedy can bring out so much positive results... hmmmm... perhaps i need to ponder on this so more....

Edited by Obi (06/07/11 10:11 AM)

my story

my vlog

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.