Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64015 Topics
446756 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#359702 - 04/14/11 09:36 PM mad mad mad
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
jeez

i just got a call from this therapy group i've been trying to get into for 6 months
the local sexual assault center runs survivors groups. i just got an interview after being on a waiting list for 6 months. i had to wait for 6 months to get counselling with them too.

mean time i was proactive and went into debt so i could hire my own counsellor, an awesome psychologist who practices hakomi therapy.

wow. i am really fired up.

and now the facilitator calls me and says , 'you've only been remembering the abuse for 6 months' 'we feel you need to do more work on yourself individually before you will be ready for the group' 'we support you in doing individual counselling'

i tell them how i've been working on myself since i was 19, studying yoga, mindfulness, healing, breathwork. it's tough and frankly insulting to be told 'you're just beginning' and 'you can't handle our group yet' and 'we don't have space for your emotions' and so on.... i mean, what do they expect me to do-- get better in isolation?

i witnessed the power of being in a healing group at the WoR. it was so helpful for all of us. i experienced that power at the NWTA which i initiated at in 2007. it's a continual learning for me. i want to move forward one step at a time... i don't want to stand still for help organizations that don't believe in me or my journey.

i am frustrated and feeling alone again.

when will i find a circle of guys here ?

#359703 - 04/14/11 09:39 PM Re: mad mad mad [Re: risingagain]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
i have been alone my whole life, walking and meditating and praying on the earth

when will people wake up and listen to what I need .... i feel profoundly unseen. how can people who call themselves MSW and put letters behind their name have such god damn insensitivity

it is hard enough to find support
i tried so hard
god damnit

i feel alone

#361421 - 05/04/11 07:08 AM Re: mad mad mad [Re: risingagain]
Aberrant30 Offline

Loc: I live on the Emerald Coast, F...
I hear you Risingagain, and I see you, I just studied Reiki and meditation, along with Budhaist studie..I don't think it's any thing like breath work and mindfulness, but iknow and your not alone.

And the end of every place."
Hint: It's in front of you right now.
(Formerly known as Aberrant30

#361427 - 05/04/11 07:47 AM Re: mad mad mad [Re: Aberrant30]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
risingagain,

I am so sorry that this was the result after waiting for six months. Were you given a time frame for being able to enter the group?

Daryl

#361450 - 05/04/11 06:14 PM Re: mad mad mad [Re: risingagain]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
i am so sorry that happened to you and i understand fully. when things went crazy for after the summer last year i tried to get in but was told the same thing that i was in crisis. i would not be a good candidate for group. it was devastation but i persisted. i was able to get in in january. It truly helped save my life. i dont understand why they made u wait so long, if u had aleady been in counsilling. i can understand that when i first told, there was way too much emotional quicksand, i would have not been in a place where i could listen. i had too much shit going on in my brain. it seems to me u had already been thru that crisis. All i can say is just keep trying, i hope i truly works out for you. i understand ur frustration.

WoR Barrie 2011

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.