Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (manipulated, aniceguy, john22, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445555 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#359308 - 04/11/11 08:49 AM Victimized
RecoveryReady1 Offline

Until we recognize the breach, that we has been victimized, we are always susceptible to being victimized in our everyday activities......also, we cannot protect those we love from being victimized ......
There is an intense feeling of shame and worthlessness that is produced when one is victimized. This is our constant companion until we are able to recognize and validate the breach...
I am seeing this in my life today......Abusive people are attracted to those who blame themselves.
It was set up in the past, but we live it out on a daily basis. Always ready to blame ourselves and so vulnerable to anyone who is a natural abuser or bully.

Edited by RecoveryReady1 (04/11/11 08:50 AM)

#359325 - 04/11/11 01:19 PM Re: Victimized [Re: RecoveryReady1]
jevin Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere on the Red Road
So, true, and as a kid this was my reality.

After I was raped at 21 my new "strategy" was to build walls around myself so thick that no emotional air could get through. Control, control, control. It poisoned my relationships and left friends and family scratching their heads that such a smart, caring guy could also be such an ass.

When the grief from the abuse eventually exploded that fortress, developing healthy boundaries for the first time in my life was so damn hard. I made lots of mistakes -- huge swings back and forth between allowing more victimization and being a master controller. It took time, recovery work and the loving patience of others to achieve some measure of balance. I'm still not where I want to be, but at least now I can breathe emotional air again and I don't live in constant fear.

The few short months I've spent here with you all has rallied my hope that I can get better at this. A work in progress.

- Jev

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.