Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#359273 - 04/10/11 09:17 PM So thankful for this place !!
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
I am so thankful for this place !!! i can remember when i lived with all the feelings of being alone with this secret for years this haunted me, i felt so alone like no one could possibly understand me or what had happen to me.

the utter despair and hopelessness , with my faith and the support i have gotten here i can honestly say i am not the broken person i once was .

i just wanted to say thanks to ALL who come here to find answers they really could not find anywhere else. i truly believe that !!

this place is one of a kind it is special no matter what the background or beliefs we all share a common bond and as crappy as it is we can all support one another we can all identify with one another on some basic level . although that level is abuse it is a level that only we can comprehend .

no one else who has not experienced this can identify with us at all and just to think of all the hurting people that come here to find some sort of normality is heartbreaking but nonetheless i can honestly say that no matter were you are in your recovery or your journey that it takes a very courageous and strong person to even speak of these things to post anything about their experiences even if it in the name of their own seeking or their own search for answers , i commend all of you from the very pit of my being !!!

this is a process and to no i have been able to grow ,experience ups and downs in your lives with you it is very humbling to say the least .

I have personally been able to put to rest my demons and it is because of this place i have been able to really be set free just knowing that i was not alone and knowing that there are people walking this same journey was enough for me to break free and it is my hope and prayer that all of you are successful in your journey !!

I thank ALL of you every single person here deserves to be lifted up and regarded as very courageous and strong person we have survived and that says something about all of us . do not let it be in vane become someone become something other than a victim become a victor it is possible .

so thank all of you from the very core of who i am

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#359286 - 04/10/11 11:35 PM Re: So thankful for this place !! [Re: nltsaved]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Howdy,

Great post. Yes when we thought that nobody would ever care for us sexually abused boys/adolescents/adults.

I too came here in despair, loneliness shame. guilt, hopelessness, etc.

Who would ever want to hear our cries? Who would ever want to hear our stories?

But what I found was a group of courageous boys/men. Helping each other out. Helping in trying to give us hope. Trying to help us understand what happened to us was not in the name of love, but deceit.

A band of brothers whom had extended their heart, soul, love & emotional feelings toward one of their own.

Their compassion, understanding & love for me is something that i never had experienced before. With the exception of at that orphanage/Home. In my 72 years on earth.

Thankful for this place. For me these are my brothers & this is my family & this is my home.

Thankful to you all.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#359291 - 04/11/11 01:19 AM Re: So thankful for this place !! [Re: petercorbett]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio

I too humbly echo what my survivor brothers nltsaved and petercorbett have shared. It is with gratitude that I am still on this earth and that I found my way to this site and the many courageous men who so generously share with each other here. It makes a difference in my life everyday and I am thankful to all who have made their way here to heal and share their hearts.

Gary

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.