Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (don64, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447704 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#359024 - 04/08/11 03:44 PM An ah-ha moment
happybuddha1 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hey guys.....I have lived dysfunctionally for years...additions of all types, putting up walls, anxiety...many of you probably know what I am talking about.

I read a book that suggested asking Mikey (the little boy that was me) what he wants. He wanted me to stop letting guys abuse him (one of my current addictions), he said that he could not breath (wanted me to stop smoking), he said that he wanted to have fun, wanted the walls down because he was lonely, and wanted to be protected.

It made me realize that all this bullshit behavior is not me...the fun-loving, innocent boy.....my whole outlook changed.....guys....this may be something to try...huge deal and really healing. (after I stopped crying upon listening to how I did not listen to Mikey for so many years...I feel like I am back to being Mikey...FINALLY...so frickin happy...hope that it lasts....who could say no to an fearful, innocent boy?

#359052 - 04/08/11 09:54 PM Re: An ah-ha moment [Re: happybuddha1]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, the concept of the inner child was difficult for many of us who are csa victims to grasp. Made all the difference for me when it sunk in. I can definitely identify with what you call "An ah-ha moment".

Of course this concept does not necessarily apply to all survivors. To some CSA survivors it just doesn't work and ASA survivors I've talked with generally cannot relate either.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.