Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (GT13568, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447610 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#359010 - 04/08/11 01:28 PM Re: Confronting ignorance [Re: Still]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Overcomer, what you said to that perp was a beautiful reminder to me of my power. To put a boundary when you are being slandered, to make a cut if she continues to lie, you don't need her as a friend.. that is so powerful for me.... thanks . It may sound simple but it is a great feat for us!!!

Robbie B,... I don't think I attended that school! :P what do you mean?

#359037 - 04/08/11 07:16 PM Re: Confronting ignorance [Re: risingagain]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: risingagain
Robbie B,... I don't think I attended that school! :P what do you mean?

My absolute intollerance for morons causing any damage to survivors due to any ignorance or adherance to the myths.

#359318 - 04/11/11 12:10 PM Re: Confronting ignorance [Re: Still]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Haha, fantastic Robbie! smile I love that I'm not the only one.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#359330 - 04/11/11 02:10 PM Re: Confronting ignorance [Re: risingagain]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
My absolute intollerance for morons causing any damage to survivors due to any ignorance or adherance to the myths.

I wish that line (modified) were in every state's laws.

#359344 - 04/11/11 04:22 PM Re: Confronting ignorance [Re: risingagain]
Overcomer Offline

Loc: Sumter, SC
You're welcome! I'm glad what I've said/done has been helpful to you.
Something I've realized through this is how powerless I have been in my relationships. Between this and another incident involving my ex who wanted to meet and have "closure" (even though she's engaged to someone else), I am starting to take back my power in relationships, defining who I am and what I expect from the relationship. With the ex, I told her to get lost (which felt pretty good, really), and with this woman, I've basically said I will be treated as a human being and not be seen through the lens of my past or any mistakes I have made along the way. Most of what I wrote the woman has been ignored, and I was instead further insulted and called "ungrateful" for all of the "help" that they've given me (which has been little more than to tell me I need counseling). So, I've decided I am done with the relationship and will continue to seek to put people in my life who will walk with me instead of kicking me down every chance they get.
Like you, finding my power through this crap is a great thing - perhaps better than anything else that could've come of it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.