Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (myrlin), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446682 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#431721 - 04/19/13 01:12 AM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Thank you for those responses.

I am convinced that early abuse of me had a strongly negative affect on my hormones, etc.

I am getting a shot of testosterone (testosterone cypionate) once per month. It seems somewhat short of satisfactory. For the week after the shot I go through puberty again (this is an exaggeration but not much). Then by the time of the next shot I've returned to senility (again I'm exaggerating).

But I've noticed a positive and beneficial effect. Before the shots, my skin was developing little skin wrinkles as my body used it's own muscle mass. Now that has stopped and the muscle mass has apprently stopped decreasting.

I continue with the thyroid pills everyday (levothyroxine). It is slow and laborious but I think it is turning the situation around.

I never did have a lot of body hair except scalp hair. My arms have less than when I was in high school.

Puffer

http://www.drugs.com/pro/testosterone-cypionate.html

Edited by pufferfish (04/19/13 01:18 AM)

#431783 - 04/19/13 05:22 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Still]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
This was noticed in writings from Ancient Rome, where the slave boys that got used that way the most would usually turn out to be the last to grow facial / body hair.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#431788 - 04/19/13 05:58 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: SoccerStar]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
This was noticed in writings from Ancient Rome, where the slave boys that got used that way the most would usually turn out to be the last to grow facial / body hair.

SS

That's extremely interesting. Do you have a reference on that?

signed, slave boy aka Puffer

#432144 - 04/23/13 08:45 AM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: pufferfish]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
Originally Posted By: WalkingSouth
This may tip the scale the other way a bit but I wondered as a kid if the abuse me to experience an earlier than usual onset of puberty...

That's why it's so puzzling. I've talked this subject over with my T and he says that abuse often causes earlier sexual maturation.

In either case it means that abuse not only messes with our brain but with our glandular (endocrine) system. (I have posted on effects on the brain previously, citing a scientific article).

However, if it either speeds up or slows down sexual maturation, either way, that means that the abuse messes with our endocrine system (our glands). Not just our sex glands and associated glands, but it must mess with the pituitary gland (hypophysis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pituitary_gland

Allen

i can't remember where i read it - but yes - i have seen articles that say that CSA can cause either extreme - later or earlier puberty. for me, it was much earlier - and that also attracted unwanted attention from the wrong people.

i don't think it is too surprising that it can cause both extremes - after all, it messes with the body's timing - which can go either way.

in the same way, the after-effects of CSA can include either hypersexuality - or sexual anorexia. again - both extremes. once the balance is upset - wild variations are not too surprising.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.