Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, mikeg, Jacob S, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441430 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#358866 - 04/07/11 07:02 AM Help me to help him
Tinker Bell Offline

Hi everyone!

I'm deeply sad that I'm here. One of my best friends has very recently come out to me as a survivor and I want to educate myself so I can be of some help.
I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with other survivors, friends and family so I can understand and care better for my friend.
Please feel free to message me and/or to invite others to do so, I'm particularly interested in hearing from survivors who have been in recovery for some time. I'd be really grateful if you could let me know how your loved ones succeeded in helping you throughout your processes and what you missed or didn't get from them that you felt was important, so I can provide this for my dear friend.

I thank you very much in advance, what happened to all and each one of you was totally unfair I hope with all my might life pays you back with enough peace, love and happiness.

Best regards

#358922 - 04/07/11 06:49 PM Re: Help me to help him [Re: Tinker Bell]
hopeandtry Offline

Glad you are here. You will find a lot of support on MS. Feel free to PM me any time.

#359086 - 04/09/11 06:00 AM Re: Help me to help him [Re: hopeandtry]
poppy Offline

Me too

#359095 - 04/09/11 08:51 AM Re: Help me to help him [Re: poppy]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Hiya Tink,

I'm in recovery and the best advice I can give to you is just be a friend ready to listen. That may be all he needs from you right now but the one thing I want you to be aware of is this - you're not his therapist. You're limited as to what needs you can meet. Just stand by his side, hold his hand, and let him know there's nothing to be ashamed of. It wasn't his fault.

Rusty

Edited by Rusty563 (04/09/11 08:53 AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#359166 - 04/09/11 08:30 PM Re: Help me to help him [Re: Rusty563]
Tinker Bell Offline

Thank you very much for your replies.
Rusty, it's not that I ever attempted at being his therapist but I deeply undertand what you mean and really appreciate your advice.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.