Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, watzupwitu, traveler), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443994 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#358792 - 04/06/11 04:21 PM Can't post to Male Survivors board
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
mad

Have tried numerous times to post today on the Male Survivors board. My connection is good. I've turned computer off and on. Have no problems anywhere else with internet or emails. So why does the computer keep giving me the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page?"

Grrrrrr.......

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#358793 - 04/06/11 04:22 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

And this posted fine. Go figure...

Itís not easy to be me

#358812 - 04/06/11 08:57 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

clear your browser cache, cookies, all that good stuff. Also FireFox browser works best with the MS software package. IE Explorer and Safari don't work well, At least for me.

#358818 - 04/06/11 09:29 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: WalkingSouth]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks. Posted no problem from my home computer.

Itís not easy to be me

#358897 - 04/07/11 11:25 AM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Fissy,

That sounds like a computer specific problem, as John said clearing out all your temp internet files should resolve the issue. Switching to Firefox is also another great option. If neither of these solutions work please feel free to send me a pm and we can work together to resolve this issue.

Nathan

#358910 - 04/07/11 02:20 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks; I use Firefox at home, but my office uses internet explorer, so that supports your statement, Nathan.

Peace,

John

Itís not easy to be me

#361443 - 05/04/11 01:04 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Napoleon Offline

Loc: Utah
I spent years doing business systems support for dell. I have allot of IT experience...Stareted with a military carrear supporting routers, and systems. Spent most of my life doing IT.
This is the 2 things it sounds like to me since the issue only happens at work. I think you are dealing with a network filter. You may be posting with words or content that are picked up and blocked by the filter. It may be a proxy, filtering all data to protect ďconfidential dataĒ from being sent out from the company.

Try a few posts at work to see if filtering words, or just any data. I donít think is and IE issue. I use IE exclusively because while I am an IT guy, I am to lazy to install Firefox on my own system. You know how it goes the auto mechanic is always the one with broke down car. I have never had issue with this site.

#364413 - 06/17/11 09:13 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: WalkingSouth]
damagedgoods Offline

Loc: California
Cyberchild
This is "damagedgoods" (forum username)
I have a problem with my user page. I uploaded an avatar that is taking up my WHOLE page. This is preventing me from seeing anything on my user page including checking my messages. Can you help PLEASE.

#364416 - 06/17/11 09:17 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: damagedgoods]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
damagedgoods, I would take the original file for your avatar and use a conversion program to make it 80 x 80 pixels, since this is what the system is set up for. A program such as Irfanview is good for this type of conversion. I wouldn't expect the current uploaded file to take up your whole page, but this seems a good place to start.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#364417 - 06/17/11 09:42 PM Re: Can't post to Male Survivors board [Re: FormerTexan]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andy you are correct the current file that was upload far exceeds the 80X80 section. Would you like me to remove your current avatar until you are able to correct it? Shoot me a pm if so or you can remove it your self an then upload the 80X80 resized avatar to resolve this issue.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.