Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#360267 - 04/20/11 12:11 AM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: TJ jeff]
Czaesar72 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California, USA
As embarrassing as it may be, I'd go to the doctor....

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift; it is the burdens he can understand and overcome.

#360293 - 04/20/11 10:13 AM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: Czaesar72]
philistine Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Ya talk to your doctor, say I had an infection that appears to have either originated or migrated to my penis. Look him in the eye and say - "fix it".

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#360296 - 04/20/11 10:49 AM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: philistine]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I have a fungus infection in my ear (not rear). How do I know? It doesn't respond to salves that treat bacterial infections (such as polysporin or bacitracin). So I spray a q-tip with an anti-fungal preparation (Tinactin) (easy to get) and swab my ear carefully. I can actually hear the medicine penetrating the little fungal threads. I use a clean sterile q-tip every time and I use a different cotton tip for each ear.

When I was a boy, my mother used to repeat an old country saying: 'If your ears itch it means somebody's talking about you'. I used to respond by asking: 'If your nose itches, does that mean somebody is smelling about you'.

Allen

#360493 - 04/22/11 10:01 PM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
just wanted to post an update to say that I will be going in to the doc next Tuesday (the discharge is back) - it was the earliest i could get in with my pcp - it's going to be mighty embarassing but I think it'll be easier with her than it would be with a male doc

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#360666 - 04/24/11 05:26 PM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: TJ jeff]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I had a good chat with my daughter. She has successfully treated a little boy (my grandson) who has a yeast (Candida) infection on his bottom.

She also went through several medications unsuccessfully. The yeast has yielded to bathing him in a warm bath with the following dissolved in the water:

1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup epsom salts

She also adds a few drops (3) of an essential oil such as peppermint oil to the water.

Do this twice daily.

This treatment is based on a scientific approach. It changes the pH (acidity) of the skin.

Perhaps the penis treatment could be adapted by changing the pH (acidity) of your urine. Do this by drinking something which is pretty acidic (but not damagingly so). You probably don't want to drink vinegar. Can you think of some fruit juice which is pretty acidic? Orange juice or lemon juice? I think cranberry juice (without sugar) would work. Take a bunch of vitamin C (harmless ascorbic acid).

I know this is possible because it's what people with kidney stones try to do, that is, to keep their urine acidic so as to not form kidney stones.

The scientific name of the affliction of having a yeast infection is "Candidiasis". Pronounced like candy + die + asses.

Allen

Edited by pufferfish (04/24/11 05:56 PM)

#360747 - 04/25/11 09:45 PM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanx for the advice Allen

I am working on changing my body ph already and will incorparate your suggestions into my routine - been staying away from sugars because I've heard that the Candidiasis feeds on sugars

the infection seems to be comming from the inside out - so I'm guessing I need to change my internal ph level

am feeling a bit aprehensive (heck, I'm feeling ashamed) of my appointment tomorrow - I don't like regular physicals where they check below the beltline - I guess I'm just feeling a bit ashamed of having an infection in such a private place

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#360754 - 04/26/11 12:21 AM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: TJ jeff]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

TJ jeff

I don't know how you can do that. I've always heard that changing the body pH by even a small amount is not possible. The blood is "buffered" within fine tolerances and can't be messed with. I'm concerned.

Allen

#360832 - 04/26/11 10:09 PM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just wanted a give a quick update after my appt today - the doc put me on fluconazole (an oral fungal killer)

TJ's History

#360850 - 04/27/11 02:29 AM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: TJ jeff]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jeff, that sounds right.

Allen

#360928 - 04/28/11 10:15 AM Re: antibiotic causes male yeast infection [Re: TJ jeff]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
If you take Vitamin C it will raise your pH enough to act as a preventative, the yeast can't grow out of control in the more acidic environment (your body). This is probably too late as I hope your well on the mend, but may be helpful to know in the future. This is something a friend shared with me who goes to a Homeopathic doctor, it works for them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.