Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, Jay1946), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#358490 - 04/03/11 08:55 AM In the present?
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
I've heard several of you say "I need to stay in the present" or something to that effect. What does that mean? Does it mean keeping your focus on the here and now and not on your abuse?

When answering please keep in mind that I've only been here a short time and my recovery has only just begun.

Thanks, Rusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#358495 - 04/03/11 09:52 AM Re: In the present? [Re: Rusty563]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
rusty,

what it means is to not dwell on the past, live in the past, that is only holding you back from living a more healthy life now and for the future...

in other words, it's ok to deal with the abuse, and it's affects it's had in your life, that happened in the past by learning from it and growing from it...

to refuse to learn and grow from what happened is dwelling on the past and counterproductive. it doesn't get you anywhere. just leaves you living the present in pain.

to look at your past, accept the things that did happen and say, ok, this happened to me, now i need to take steps so that the affects of it do not get in the way of you living your life now, is learning and growing from it....

that is what all of us who are here on ms are doing. we are taking the steps to learn and grow... i do believe that ms is a great place to start that journey of learning and growing.. to gain the truth and strength to make it...

todd

my story

my vlog

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.