Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#358237 - 03/31/11 10:26 PM Robbie Brown
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi All,

Robbie hasn't posted in a couple of days. He misses a day posting every once in a while, but if someone has heard from him, I'd feel better.

Anybody heard from Robbie today or yesterday?

Thanks,
D.

#358264 - 04/01/11 06:24 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: Disappointed]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
I haven't heard from him in few days. He was going through hell the last time I talked to him. I've given him a few days relief from my bantering to let him breath.

I miss him too.

Rusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#358278 - 04/01/11 09:12 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: Rusty563]
Disappointed Offline

Yes, he got that motion for reconsideration in his divorce, and he was hurting bad. I couldn't believe they did that, considering she got everything.

Some people not only lack understanding and compassion, they lack good sense.

#358279 - 04/01/11 09:32 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: Disappointed]
Disappointed Offline

Okay, folks! Robbie is around. He just wrote me! Halleleuh, or however you spell that!!!!!

#358283 - 04/01/11 10:36 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: Disappointed]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
"It must be emphasized that it is very difficult to prevail on a motion for reconsideration. Many judges simply view motions for reconsideration as an opportunity for an unhappy litigant to air their positions and re-litigate issues that have already been decided. Moreover, many courts believe that motions for reconsideration are an unnecessary duplication of the court time and counsel fees to the client. In light of this view, it is important for a motion for reconsideration to be prepared very carefully and thoroughly. The motion should specifically include the controlling cases or legal errors that counsel believes that the court has overlooked or erred."

Looks like she is still trying to cause him unnecessary pain. I hope the judge sees it that way.

Peace Robbie,

Sam

#358287 - 04/01/11 10:56 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: SamV]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I'm very sorry if I concerned anyone in my shut-down. I've had to pair-down tangible elements of my life to basics (like breathing, eating and driving as needed.) Its not so much the monetary challenge that the legal stuff causes...its the alienation of "that disgusting creep" that it confirms.

I'm feeling really hollow right now. Its a tough actual feeling to describe. The "hollowness" is an old feeling from a million years ago but it feels like yesterday and is here today.

Its like I'm in a tiny row-boat in the North Atlantic during the perfect storm. . . and the guilt i feel...I think its wrong???... but I'm not sure. I felt this guilt and shame as a kid in such vivid clarity. (Please don't say its unfounded.) When literally everyone around you and those brought in via gossip and defamation confirms it by further alienation, I have to believe they are right. If society says X is wrong, then in the eye's of that subset of people, X IS wrong.

I fkt-up by treading where I don't belong...where I'm judged as X...where not even loved ones will validate that I did well to get where I got...to survive the BS I was dealt...I want someone to say "I'm sorry the child was killed but we don't blame YOU...we blame them." I want my family and close-ones to let me off the hook. And in all my days of recovery, not one person has said these words. Thus, its easier to be a hollow shell than a guts-filled mammal.

So, I don't think its "unnecessary pain" as Sam says, but rather, they are intending a complete fortification and justification of what they are doing to me and those like me.

Edited by Robbie Brown (04/01/11 11:02 AM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#358296 - 04/01/11 11:28 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: Still]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
Dear Rob,

For what it's worth perhaps coming from a near perfect stranger...

I understand your sorrow and am so sorry that the abuse happened to you and that you have been without the compassion of your family and friends. I don't know why that sometimes happens, but it unfortunately does and it hurts to the core of your being. Sadly it may be something you never get, that happens, but you can grieve through that loss and move on by learning to nurture yourself in healthier and better ways than you were treated.This of course is difficult work and you have a divorce to wrap up which is equally important to finish in order for moving on with your life. That may need to be the priority for now.

But know... how very sorry I am, as well as your brothers and family here Rob, that you were abused, that you didn't experience the safety of your family to help you with it then and that so sadly it turned out just as badly for you as an adult victim/survivor. It should have gone better, there should have been more understanding and compassion for you...

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate this very difficult time. This is a rough road you're on right now, but it will be better, hang in there and keep in mind that hard times are not forever, there's a better future for you and for all here who work towards it.

All the best to you, new friend.

Gary

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

#358300 - 04/01/11 11:36 AM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: 1.healing]
Lost Spark Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Robbie,

Glad you're okay...

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life." - John Lennon

#358305 - 04/01/11 12:01 PM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: Lost Spark]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
They experienced pain, and you are in pain, my dear brother,

We cannot stop them from seeking relief as they know how, and you too, Robbie, must never lose hope that you can find relief.

This is a terrible, temporary chaotic moment, lasting many weeks and months in your life. See this as it is, a small part of a great man's life.

Let us validate and affirm you, fellow survivor, until you are able to see the beauty and power we see in you.

Let them go on the offensive, let them cry for the battle, let us show them our recovery, let us defeat them with mercy.

You are the one that got away, Robbie, and you are making you into a new man, a caring, compassionate man. Let nothing hinder you, but by your resolve, keep those flaming missiles quenched with your character, fortified with your recovery.

...and Robbie? Rest, take yourself into nature, smell the roses, but make sure it is you, loving you, keep recovering you.

Peace and self care,
Sam

#358308 - 04/01/11 01:16 PM Re: Robbie Brown [Re: SamV]
Disappointed Offline

Thank you for letting us hear from you. You're a great guy, always have been, and that's just the way it is.

D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.